Adding Kubota rear remotes

/ Adding Kubota rear remotes #1  

adamshatch

Tractor
Kubota Grand L4330 hst
Hello,

I would like to add rear remotes to my l4330. I was wondering how difficult a job this is. I am a fairly mechanical person and would like to save the install money if possible since the remotes are so dang expensive anyhow.

Thanks for your thoughts,

John

/ Adding Kubota rear remotes #2  
There have been several posts over the last few years discussing this very subject (remotes for Grand L Kubotas). The Search function will help you find them.

However, assuming you want to go the Kubota factory route, here is what you need to order from your dealer to put one rear remote on an L4330 tractor. These prices may have gone up a few dollars however.

L8305 base kit $400
L8303 valve $200

If you want to add a second and/or third remote you buy these.

L8306 second position stacking kit $200
L8303 valve $200

L8307 third position stacking kit $200
L8303 valve $200

These are dealer installed options. Installation is not included in the prices.

You can install these yourself. The easiest way is to take off the right rear tire to gain better access. It's not hard and will take a couple of hours.

There are many posts here that describe the "roll your own" remote option whereby you purchase a stand alone valve with 1 to 3 spools (like a Prince SV) and plumb it in yourself. This will be a little cheaper but not as well integrated as you will have hoses going from here to there and you have to find a way to mount the valve on the ROPS or fender.

/ Adding Kubota rear remotes #3  
As Mad Referee stated the job is not to difficult. Removal of the right rear tire (If tires are loaded be careful-very heavy)and fender makes the job easier. I originally went all Kubota, cylinders and valves. I found that the cylinders would not maintain equipment at a pre set position. Internal by-pass leakage I suspect. I then installed top and side link cylinder with pilot valves. Equipment stays at a pre set position now. I would not recommend the Kubota cylinders. If starting to do a new installation I would purchase the valves from Kubota and the cylinders from CCM. http://www.ccmachinery.com/TNT.htm. I would have saved money and been a much happier camper. I will probably use the other cylinders somewhere, someday but for now they are collecting dust. Just my thoughts.

/ Adding Kubota rear remotes #4  
I added 2 rear remotes to my L4310. Had to take off some sheet metal like seat and toolbox to get to the area. Of course now that I've done it once I could do it without removing anything now.

Rich
NJ

/ Adding Kubota rear remotes #5  
I just added the Kubota remote kit (Valve 1 only) and it was easy.
I only removed the panel in front of the seat (four bolts and the hydro speed knob). I did not remove the wheel or the seat or the tool box and I found access to be very easy. Installation is about an hour +-
I went with the Kubota part and if fit perfect, looks well made, includes EVERYTHING including mounts for the hoses and quick connects for your implement hoses. I have an L3010.
The kit is well priced and worth every penny. I ordered mine from Carver.

/ Adding Kubota rear remotes #6  
Just to update this thread, the prices for these kits are through the roof now. The 2nd and 3rd valve are 700$ each, and I can't find a price for the lever and coupler kit.

/ Adding Kubota rear remotes #7  
youd be money an time ahead to let the dealer install the remotes.

/ Adding Kubota rear remotes #8  
youd be money an time ahead to let the dealer install the remotes.
How so? The only reason I see is if you want a very nice clean, OEM look, to your tractor. I added remotes, without knowing a darn thing when I started, at a fraction of what the dealer wanted. Yea, it's ugly and I had to learn a bunch, it took extra time, too... but I didn't have money to burn for the dealer, either.

I guess if I charged myself $90/hour to get the work done... :) it might have been a wash... :laughing:

Last edited:
   / Adding Kubota rear remotes #9  
yes an those that do install their own remotes run the risk of really messing things up.an then it has to go to the shop.thus costing you double to fix.i can diagnose a tractors probs or equipment probs pretty quick.thus knowing what is wrong an how to fix it.but i let the shop do the repairs.

/ Adding Kubota rear remotes #10  
Just an update to this old thread---the price pf Kubota remotes has declined as is now lower than a couple years back. I'm going to add a second set of rear remotes to an MX5100 and it's under $500 list price. I too recall it being very expensive a few years back so maybe Kubota figured out why so few were buying them.
Anyway, I'm going to look over the second remote kit first and see how difficult it looks. Last night I put the draft control kit on and it was a challenge, even though I had done it before, because the instructions were 20 years old and still has some very bad translation sentences.