Kubota gray paint

/ Kubota gray paint #1  

dieselsmith

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L 2800 HST
I read in a earlier post the closest matched for Kubota orange and gray, but can't find it now. I am mainly concerned with the gray. I remember something about a "hammered" paint. Is gray spelled gray or grey?

/ Kubota gray paint #2  
DO you mean THIS post?

If not then it's part number 70000-73806 for a spray can of ROPS gray. Most dealers will also have it or can order it in quarts and gallons, probably for big $$$.

/ Kubota gray paint
There was another color that was near identical other than the Rustolem. Keep em' coming boys!

/ Kubota gray paint #4  
I took a grey piece to Lowe's and they scanned the color and mixed a quart of paint similar to Rustoleum. It has held up good so far and the color was a very good match. I will attach the paint formula from the top of the can. I hope this helps.
Scott

Attachments

• 786022-ROPs Grey.jpg
    786022-ROPs Grey.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 2,928
   / Kubota gray paint #5  
As the new owner of a 2001 BX2200, I have reviewed back postings (back to May2002 so far) over the past month to pick out "nuggets" of experience. I have not saved the date or submitter for each nugget, so I can only give general credit to the great TBN community for sharing. Here are some nuggets on paint:
- The dealer sold me a can of New Holland frame paint that is the same color as the Kubota grey.
- I've used the Chevy Engine Orange (Dupli-Color) from Walmart and it is a PERFECT match in my opinion. I used it to touch up my loader, etc.
- My dealer recommended using AGCO Corporate Orange paint for touch ups
- I have had a perfect match with Kubota Orange II. I have bought quart cans and sprayed in my air sprayer.
- I don't know how big the spots you're trying to cover but if they're small chips I use the "touch up" orange II. It comes in a small bottle and works perfect with one coat. Make sure surface is clean and dry of course.
- I can still see a nice coat of paint on both buckets. Are you painting them after you get finished using them for your many projects? I touch mine up from time to time with a paint brush and black satin paint, makes them both look like brand new. Junkman turned me on to the satin black paint, seems it works on Kubota's and New Holland's as well.

Happy Tractoring
/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Kubota gray paint #6  
If you want a real good quality paint, this is what I use.
You could find a dealer near you. www.plastikote.com

Attachments

• 786113-plastiKote.JPG
    786113-plastiKote.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 2,075
   / Kubota gray paint
What color of Plastikote?

/ Kubota gray paint #8  
For the life of me, I can't understand why someone would buy an expensive tractor and then not buy OEM paint from the dealer. A spray can of ROPS Grey (exact match, no fiddling around, no off color) is around $4.00. Same holds true for Orange II. Both Orange II and ROPS Kubota brand spray paint have excellent coverage properties, they dry quickly and best of all, have the same gloss and color when dry as the factory applied finish. It's a no brainer.

Supprot your dealer and Kubota.

/ Kubota gray paint #9  
The one I use, is the 285 Rebuilder's Grey Cast Finish.

It's not an exact match to Kubota, but very close.

This is what is use on my Bro-Tek skid plate. It's very...very durable stuff.

/ Kubota gray paint
I hate my dealer, I will not give him one more red cent! I would rater have a root canal then give him one dollar more of mine!