B3030 LA403 loader still crooked....

/ B3030 LA403 loader still crooked.... #1  

jlbota

Gold Member
Tractor
B3030, RTV-X1100C
I am posting this to see if anyone has come across a fix for the off kilter loader on the B3030 yet? I have a service rep coming from Kubota Monday morning to take a look at mine and wanted to be armed with any info possible.
Mine has been to my dealer for this problem and all they did was try everything I had already tried myself.
If anyone has had there B3030 back to the dealer to try and fix this problem without success and you want me to give your name to this rep...I will do so.
Just email me directly at dzlpwrd@adelphia.net and if you want to give me your name and your dealers name that knows of this issue...I will pass all this info onto him. My dealer is kinda making me feel like a heel because I am the only one complaining of this to him and he says no one at Kubota seems to know of the problem either.
So I figured by giving him some proof that others are having the same problem elsewhere maybe it would move things along a bit. I said maybe /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif.
Here is a link the previous posts on this issue.
B3030 loader posts.

/ B3030 LA403 loader still crooked.... #2  
The bracket that bolts the cradle's together was to wide on mine. We took the bracket off and sent it to the machine shop. they removed 1/16" per side. I'll post some pictures tonight.

/ B3030 LA403 loader still crooked.... #3  
Here is a picture of the bracket that bolts between the cradle's. Mine was aprox 1/8" wider than the machined surface on the tractor frame. The dealer removed the bracket and sent it to the machine shop and had 1/16" removed from each side. The loader is still out aprox 1/4". Hope yor rep can find something we overlooked. It still looks to me the hydro cyl. on the left picks up first. I know it is equalized,but it sure looks like it.My dealer is Hogan Grain Elwin Illinois

Attachments

• 786465-Loader bracket.jpg (Small).JPG
    786465-Loader bracket.jpg (Small).JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 960
   / B3030 LA403 loader still crooked.... #4  
I'm sure you've checked this... front tire air pressure? I doubt that's it. My L series FEL was about 1/2" out on a 72" bucket until somewhere around 30 hours and it just straightened itself out /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif.Same side as all the others have mentioned.

You did allot of measuring but I couldn't make full sense as to how you did all your measuring and mic work in that other post. Below is how I'd attack it on as level a floor as you can find. Lay a straight edge down from side to side beneath the tractor to mitigate the floor irregularities
1. measure from the floor to the FEL mount arm pins. I assume they are equal distance off the floor. If not, that's the problem. Either mount post error or tire pressures (front and/or rear). Or the floor is out and you can check by paralleling off the bottom of the tractor frame, I think. This one is super important to get right.
2. Lift the Bucket off the floor about 2' and measure the bucket bottom pin height. You should be seeing the error there. If not, the error is in the bucket pin weld points.
3. Start working back towards the FEL mount posts measuring all the pins along the way and checking to see where the error jumps to zero (assuming # 1 above was OK). Once you locate the error spot your half way there.
4. Now work out from the FEL mount area. Measure from the mount post pin out to all the other pin centers (or closest pin edges) on the FEL. This should locate the error even it it was jig related at the plant. Could be something as simple as a pin mount was welded off position.

You said all the cylinders were measuring in balance I think? But that was with the FEL removed correct? The error may show up now as a pin center to pin center dimension variation while under load if it's a cylinder issue as was mentioned.

Also triangulate the FEL boom arms if you haven't already. Measure from the pin that the boom pivots on, near the operator, out to the end of the boom arm near the bucket. If that's out the arms were misaligned in the jig at the plant.

If the your bucket curl is the (4) point/link variety, check all the dimensions and weld points in that area back to the cross tube for example. Keep in mind that you want to move side to side for each mirror dimension as leak down will have these changing if you measue one side completely and move to the other.

I'm not sure this is the best sequence, but it puts a dose of science to it and should get you to the problem area with some effort. You should start to develop an understanting as to what is causing it. Otherwise, you may never find it. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif It's a geometry issue, so it's definitely measurable via one technique or another. Best of Luck!!

EDIT Once # 1 is known OK, measure from the FEL mount pin backwards or forwards to a common point on each side, to make sure the FEL mount posts are paralleling each other in vertical. If these are out it could rack the entire FEL.

HTH

/ B3030 LA403 loader still crooked.... #5  
I told my dealer how Barnboy fixed his and they did it to mine. It is still 1/4" out, just like Barnboy"s. My dealer is Mascoutah Equipment in Mascoutah, Illinois.

/ B3030 LA403 loader still crooked.... #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I am posting this to see if anyone has come across a fix for the off kilter loader on the B3030 yet? )</font>

Mine is still off kilter. I tried removing the middle bracket as mentioned, I loosened all frame bolts and tried getting it back to square. Still nothing.

One thing I have noticed that is interesting. After hooking up my Kubota front mount blower, it too is unlevel. Same side and the same 1.25" out as the loader. I'm confused here. I think the only way this can be is either the frame is out-of-wack, or I've got different diameter tires?

/ B3030 LA403 loader still crooked....
Does your blower mount to the front of the frame?
That is strange for sure. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Well I had the service rep out of Columbus Ohio come with my dealer service manager to check out my B3030 this morning....I think they were both kinda stumped after taking measurements and seeing that nothing really jumped out at them as to why it was higher on one side than the other. But they both said it was very obvious it was. The Kubota rep thinks its in the main loader arms ...He called them the boom arms. Basically he thinks maybe they were welded wrong or not cooled long enough before removing them from the jig they were in.
So at this time they are ordering a new set of loaders arms and are going to switch them out to see if that fixes it.
I am not getting a super warm fuzzy feeling that this will fix it but I certainly hope it does.
I am hoping the tractor frame isn't the actual problem cause that may be a nightmare.
I will let you guys know what the outcome is which should be soon.
Hey at least its progress... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ B3030 LA403 loader still crooked.... #9  
If they think that it is the loader arms and are planning to disassemble the loader anyway. Can't they just take the arms and stacked them one on top of the other and see if they are identical? It seems like it would be faster than waiting for new arms.

Good Luck,
Kevin

No the loader arms are welded together at the front with a cross tube.....this is where he thinks the welding is off. Its welded together and looks like a big H.