What Do You Have? Cabs For BX, Sims, Curtis, Other

/ What Do You Have? Cabs For BX, Sims, Curtis, Other #1  

NY_Yankees_Fan

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX 2200
I get a lot of questions on the Sims cab on the BX2200. I thought if we could share our experience we could help others who are thinking of getting a cab. Can you answer the following questions?

1. What cab mfg do you have Sims, Curtis, Other??
2. Did you buy it direct from the mfg or a dealer?
3. Hard or soft cab? And why did you pick one over the other?
4. How much did you pay for it? Did you install it or the dealer? If you installed it how difficult was it to install?
5. What tractor do you have the cab on BX 2200, BX 22, BX 1800, etc.
6. Do you leave the cab on the tractor year round or take it off in the summer?
7. Why did you choose your cab over another mfg? and what other mfg did you look at?
8. If you had to do it again would you buy the same cab again?
9. Have you had any problem with the cab?
10. What extras did you get with the cab and what did you add?

Here are my answers:

1. Sims
2. I got it from the dealer, the $$ was the same and he installed it for the same $$, I did buy a snowblower at the same time, I am sure that did effect the $$ I paid. I would think a dealer would have to get at least $200 to install the unit.
3. Soft cab because is was about half the cost of a hard side cab.
4. $1600 including installation
5. BX2200
6. I take the cab off in April and it goes back on in November. I installed a hoist in the garage and made up a lifting device that connects to the 4 corners of the cab. I remove the top half and leave the heater and lower front section on the tractor. Takes about 10 mins to take off and about 20 mins to put back on.
7. I looked at Curtis and Sims, I thought the Sims had more metal and less vinyl and would hold up longer. I think the doors on the Curtis are better also the down side on the Sims is no door on the right side of the tractor. I never get on the tractor from that side so it was not a deal breaker for me.
8. I would get a Sims cab.
9. No problems with the cab. The Curtis cab comes with a cover to put over the engine intake so cold air is not sucked into the cab. For some reason the Sims cab does not have the same set up. I just cover the intake with plastic. Does not look as nice, but it is functional.
10. I did not get any extras BUT I added a Curtis heater, lights front and back, and yellow strobe.

/ What Do You Have? Cabs For BX, Sims, Curtis, Other #2  
11. PICTURES!!!

/ What Do You Have? Cabs For BX, Sims, Curtis, Other #3  
1. I bought the Curtis cab
2. I bought it from the dealer
3. I got the soft side cab
3a. The soft side was $1000 cheaper
4. $1250
4a. I had the dealer install it
5. BX2200
6. Leave it on all year
7. Dealer recommendation
7a. None
8. Yes
9. None at all
10. No extras with the cab
10a. I added front lights, a heater from Mills Supply, inside cab light

/ What Do You Have? Cabs For BX, Sims, Curtis, Other #4  
I have a Curtis soft sided on my BX 2200. It was installed by the dealer prior to my purchase and I think it added about $1800 to the price including the heater and windshield wiper. It stays on all year, but the doors come off in the summer. No problems, no regrets.

Cab Pictures