Another $80 Winter "Cab"

/ Another $80 Winter "Cab" #1  

rbargeron

Elite Member
Tractor
L5450, L48, L3250, L345
Another $80 Winter \"Cab\"

This idea has been posted by others in the past - but it worked out so well on my rig I wanted to post a couple pictures. The "cab" is a 4-sided golf cart enclosure - about $80 and widely available from eBay, golf supply places, etc. My tractor already had the Teltrax canopy.

Attachments

• 790972-P1010001.jpg
    790972-P1010001.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,429
   / Another $80 Winter "Cab"
Re: Another $80 Winter \"Cab\"

Another view - they advertise the "Easy Golf Club Access" opening at the back - perfect for reaching out to adjust the chute direction.

Attachments

• 790975-P1010005.jpg
    790975-P1010005.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 974

Last pic - The enclosure is a little smaller than my canopy so I cut a piece of 3/8" plywood to match the enclosure's roof. Then sandwiched them between the frame and fiberglass canopy. I've used it in two snowstorms - and it works great. There's good outward visibility and even some heat from the engine. But the best feature is no snow blowing around the operator /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Attachments

• 790985-P1010006.jpg
    790985-P1010006.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 862
   / Another $80 Winter "Cab" #4  

Its hard to beat that for $80 bucks. Well worth it to keep the snow off.

/ Another $80 Winter "Cab" #5  

Rbargeron,

It may not look the greatest, but it sure does work well, better then snow down your back. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I did the same thing until I was able to save enough $$ for a Sims cab.

Great job!

Hi Tom - you're right it's not much to look at - it needs a warm sunny day so the window wrinkles smoothe out. What appealed to me was the enclosure is so well matched to the tractor - it has six heavy-duty zippers in just the right places - almost uncanny. The other good feature (besides being dirt cheap) is it only took an hour to install. My tractor normally lives indoors but this year we have a slight traffic jam so it's outside. Nice to have a snowless operator station. I've never thought I wanted a full cab (too confining) but maybe this will move me in that direction. Take care, Dick B

Got a pm about where to get the enclosure - there are several of this kind on eBay. Here's a typical listing that's current now Not me, not my brother-in-law, etc.
At first I was wondering about outward visibility thru the plastic - but it is fine.