Tractor
    L5450, L48, L3250, L345

Default Another $80 Winter "Cab"

This idea has been posted by others in the past - but it worked out so well on my rig I wanted to post a couple pictures. The "cab" is a 4-sided golf cart enclosure - about $80 and widely available from eBay, golf supply places, etc. My tractor already had the Teltrax canopy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tractor
    L5450, L48, L3250, L345

Default Re: Another $80 Winter "Cab"

Another view - they advertise the "Easy Golf Club Access" opening at the back - perfect for reaching out to adjust the chute direction.

Tractor
    L5450, L48, L3250, L345

Last pic - The enclosure is a little smaller than my canopy so I cut a piece of 3/8" plywood to match the enclosure's roof. Then sandwiched them between the frame and fiberglass canopy. I've used it in two snowstorms - and it works great. There's good outward visibility and even some heat from the engine. But the best feature is no snow blowing around the operator [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830 03: RTV 900

Its hard to beat that for $80 bucks. Well worth it to keep the snow off.

Tractor
    Kubota BX 2200

Rbargeron,

It may not look the greatest, but it sure does work well, better then snow down your back. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I did the same thing until I was able to save enough $$ for a Sims cab.

Great job!

Tractor
    L5450, L48, L3250, L345

Hi Tom - you're right it's not much to look at - it needs a warm sunny day so the window wrinkles smoothe out. What appealed to me was the enclosure is so well matched to the tractor - it has six heavy-duty zippers in just the right places - almost uncanny. The other good feature (besides being dirt cheap) is it only took an hour to install. My tractor normally lives indoors but this year we have a slight traffic jam so it's outside. Nice to have a snowless operator station. I've never thought I wanted a full cab (too confining) but maybe this will move me in that direction. Take care, Dick B

Tractor
    L5450, L48, L3250, L345

Got a pm about where to get the enclosure - there are several of this kind on eBay. Here's a typical listing that's current now Not me, not my brother-in-law, etc.
    At first I was wondering about outward visibility thru the plastic - but it is fine.