Anyone actually go 100 hours between oil changes?

/ Anyone actually go 100 hours between oil changes? #1  

dmftoy1

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2910 (Delivery 8/7/03)
I was out checking my maintenance schedules today and noticed that they spec 100 hours instead of 50 for my oil changes. That seems crazy to me. It takes me a little over a year to put 100 hours on the tractor. Just curious what you guys were doing.

Have a good one,
Dave

/ Anyone actually go 100 hours between oil changes? #2  
Bought my L4630 in December of last year, did not use it until April and have changed the oil on it four times already, once at 50, then 100, then 200 and the last time a little over three hundred hours.

In your case, I would change the oil at least once per year.

/ Anyone actually go 100 hours between oil changes? #3  
I change oil & filter every 50 hours, also grease the FEL & tractor. If I have been doing a lot of dirt work I will grease the FEL at the end if each work day. Grease goes in better when things are warm.

/ Anyone actually go 100 hours between oil changes?
yup, been doing it at 50 . . I just hate to "overdo" something that I shouldn't but I can't bring myself to go 100 hours either. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Have a good one,
Dave

/ Anyone actually go 100 hours between oil changes? #5  
I changed my oil at 93 hours. I change oil every October. Did oil change last year same time, got 63 hours on that oil change.

/ Anyone actually go 100 hours between oil changes? #6  
I put 100 hours on my machine in about six weeks. That comes around real quick.

/ Anyone actually go 100 hours between oil changes? #7  
I change mine with a new filter of course every spring, with an average of about 75hrs.

/ Anyone actually go 100 hours between oil changes? #8  
Every 25 to 50 hours depending on the severity of the work.

/ Anyone actually go 100 hours between oil changes? #9  
For reference purposes I refer to the 33mi per 1hr of run time. This is what we use for trucks figuring on a 3-5k mi interval. I would think that since the tractor is used under a load much more than a truck 1/2 that should be resonable. I'll be doing mine at 50-75hrs. At bare minimum, I will also be changing the oil once per year to get any contaminates and condensation out of the engine, you'd be surprised what kind of junk can build up in an oil if you leave it in for too long.

Greg

/ Anyone actually go 100 hours between oil changes? #10  
Whatever the book says. Our big tractors are 250hours/1 year now. Oil samples sent in every change show no concerns.