B6100 picture

/ B6100 picture #1  

KubotainNH

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B6100
Hello, just posting a pitcure of my little tractor for someone who asked the size.

Attachments

• 792363-b6100.jpg
    792363-b6100.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 5,708
   / B6100 picture #2  
Nice!

How old is that tractor ?

I love seeing old equipment still working hard. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ B6100 picture #3  
That looks just like my B7100 -- same loader, same exhaust placement, etc. I think the only difference is the engine size. Mine's 16 hp at the engine, 3 spd. PTO., 6x2 gears, 6x15 rear tires. I got a ROPS from the dealer, which is something you might want to seriously consider if your ground isn't dead flat and you use the loader much. It took about an hour and a half to put it on since it required some tight fitting of the lower parts.

I think mine is from about 1980 or so. It's a very tough little machine which can do a whole of stuff if you aren't in a big hurry. I'm always impressed with it's capabilities when I push it hard.

/ B6100 picture #4  
Teach, I believe the 6000 series have 2 cylinder engines whereas the 7000 series have 3 cylinders, other than that, they are very similar I beleive.

Mike, looks like a very tidy tractor, very nice /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ B6100 picture #5  
Not quite correct, the B6000 did have a two cylinder, as did the L series at the time (70s) the 6100/7100 had 3 cylinder engines. To make things even more confusing the B6000 lived on renamed as the B5200 into the 1980s with the 2cyl 12.5hp engine. I even saw a B4200 advertised that was the same, but it might have been a misprint. I used to have a B6000e - that is one small tractor (800lbs and 12.5 hp). Like a toy compact tractor....

Attachments

• 792795-Leftside.jpg
    792795-Leftside.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,475
   / B6100 picture #6  
mith

I had a B6100E bought new in 1984 which was a 3 cylinder engine. There was a B5100 which was a 2 cylinder. The B6100 was 14hp gross and 12.5 hp net to PTO. If you fed it slowly it would even handle a Woods 5000 chipper/shredder. Great little machine which I should not have traded in when I bought my L3130. That litle Kubota was run at 95% of full throttle for the 600+ hours that I put on it with no problems. It was run 10 days straight drivin a 7kW generator after a hurricane, stopping to add fuel and to change oil and filter once.

Vernon

/ B6100 picture #7  
Steve, I believe the B4200 is very similar to the B6100, I think they also share a loader model and MMM.
I too had a B6000e, yes, it is very small, not much bigger than a GT. The non-standard PTO is what put me off it in the end. Looks like youve got a MM front PTO on your tractor there, how wide was the mower do you know? Thanks

Vernon, it is impressive what the older smaller tractros can acheive, they used their power more wiseley IMO, none of these hydro drives (well, some series had hydro later on). At the risk of going technical the engines generally had a longer piston stroke, therefore giving more torque that an equivalent sized short stroke engine.
bit of a step up to a L3130 eh? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:
   / B6100 picture #8  
The B-6000e was 2-wheel drive while the B-6000 was 4-wheel drive. Here's a whole photo album of the B-6000 4WD with factory B-206 loader that I had, if anyone is interested:

Kubota B-6000 with loader

It was basically the same size as my old Simplicity garden tractor, though about 150 lbs heavier.

/ B6100 picture
I didn't think this would bring so many comments, kinda neat. The tractor is awesome for it's size. I need to spread the wheels out though. I'll try to answer posts starting from the top.

- I think it is early 80's, I think I need to have the s/n looked up to verify
- I'm contemplating the ROPS especially if I can get it for the price listed on the Kubota site. The issue I have is does it fold because I don't want to have to take it off for certain tasks that make the ROPS too high.
- Mith, mine is a 14hp 3 cylinder, it purrs like a kitten. BTW, thanks for the info you sent me. Big help on fixing the hydro issue (got the little beast really cheap because of the issue).
- I wish I had the mower, I think it originally had one and was around 60" from what I see. It still has the switch that turned on the electric clutch that ran off the front. The 6100 has a standard PTO. I'm amazed at the size of the tiller that was used on it without the tractor complaining. I'll be adding pictures of the hydraulic setup soon because someone PM'd me about it.

I love this forum. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ B6100 picture
Very nice pictures. It's interesting how similiar but different the 2 machines are.