L2800 front tire question

/ L2800 front tire question #1  

Widgeonus

Tractor
2005 Kubota L2800DT 4WD
Is it unusual for one of the front tires to be toed in more than the other. When sitting in the seat, the front left tire is toed in towards the tractor at ground level. Haven't noticed any problems while driving but it sure does look funny. Thanks for the help!!!

/ L2800 front tire question #3  
Have you hit anything?
Bent tie rods?
Worn tie rod ends?
If you can see it, it doesn't sound normal.

/ L2800 front tire question
havent hit anything and the tractor is only 4 months old

/ L2800 front tire question #5  
I doubt it would hurt anything. If you run on pavement a lot it might wear the tire a bit more.

Ask your dealer if his service manual has a procedure for adjusting toe in. They don't have an alignment machine like cars do but there may be a procedure for measuring it assuming there is even an adjustment.

I want to get a service manual but have not found one yet.

/ L2800 front tire question #6  
Yes I would think it would be unusual. Check for a bent rod, check the length to see if there is a difference between both sides, if not bent then call the dealer and try to talk to shop foreman or a mechanic and ask what the toe-in should be set at.
This would save you a trip to the dealer.

/ L2800 front tire question #7  
I went out an looked at my L3400 this morning. My wheels appear straight. I don't know how much yours is out of alignment. There is an adjustment on the right side tie rod. It is real easy to adjust. Loosen the lock nut and adjust the barrel nut and then tighten the lock nut. Same as a turnbuckle.

You could probably eyeball them pretty straight if you can see the difference now. Or put two parallel lines down on a paved surface and use as a guide. This is not as critical as a car.

First make sure the tie rods are not bent. They are right up front and could be bent if you drove into a stump or somthing. If it is a bent a little you could probably just adjust it and live with it.

/ L2800 front tire question #9  
As the previous post stated, you should be able to adjust it yourself. To assure you get it right, measure from side to side on the front of the tires and the rear. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ L2800 front tire question #10  
Thanks Sully, I just ordered the L3400 manual on line.