Anyone with a toothbar on a LA853 loader

/ Anyone with a toothbar on a LA853 loader #1  

Vjf

Tractor
Kubota L4330
Genltemen, I have a LA853 loader on my 4330hst, and having one heck of a time trying to dig onto the "hardpan" around my neck of the woods, (north border of PA). Anyone Have a toothbar on this loader....Seems to be quite a few 4330, 4630, & 5030 owners on the board, but I have not read of any with "teeth". I'm interested in the type shanks being used on them.

Vince

/ Anyone with a toothbar on a LA853 loader #2  
My new L5030HSTC is waiting on the toothbar for the LA853, along with a few other minor accessories. In my neck of the woods, a toothbar is an absolute necessity due to the number of rocks in the soil. A straight cutting edge will just "bounce" when it encounters a rock. With a toothbar, the teeth generally pop or move the rock out of the way, allowing the bucket to keep heading in the same plane. I'll post some pics once I pick it up.

Regards,
Jay

/ Anyone with a toothbar on a LA853 loader #3  
I have one on mine, works great. Search for toothbar, there are plenty of threads.

/ Anyone with a toothbar on a LA853 loader #4  
I need one, can't dig the soil around here without unless it is spring and it is all super saturated with water.

/ Anyone with a toothbar on a LA853 loader #5  
Here's what the toothbar on my B7510HST/LA302 FEL looks like. Your bucket, IIRC, is considerably wider, so there will be more teeth on yours. Got it from Markham Welding ($173 + $50 UPS).

Attachments

• 794729-DSCF0071-toothbar dirty.JPG
    794729-DSCF0071-toothbar dirty.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 258
   / Anyone with a toothbar on a LA853 loader #6  
Attach to the bucket not the loader, tests show it works better there. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I have a LA 752 loader and use a toothbar that I easily attached myself. If you decide to get one and have a 1/2" drill and a hole saw or unibit (thats what I used) its quite simple. I believe the holes I drilled are about 7/8" to 1".

/ Anyone with a toothbar on a LA853 loader
I've read alot of threads on toothbars, But nothing that I can remember pertaining to the thichness of the cutting edge on the "BUCKET" of the 853 loader. Now I know of at least two.
Silverking thanks for the Pic., nice machine.
The thing is that the cutting edge is about 13/16's of inch on these buckets. That leaves me 3/16's plate to weld the shanks to. Not nearly enough, assuming the opening of the series 23 bobcat style shanks (adapters) which have a opening of 1.06 inch.
BUT, now I see that there are shanks out there that will work, thanks to your responses. The openings on your shanks, Hootie and Silverking, must be about 1 3/16's. If I may kindly ask the next time you look at your toothbars. Look and see if there are any numbers in the castings of the shanks, on the sides, that may clue me in to where I can locate some.
I have not seen them in Fabco's cataloge.
Rat, I'm not sure of the thickness of the cutting edge on the LA752 yours may be the same. Maybe you can check it out?
One more thing... in giving you the dimension of the cutting edge, I am adding the bucket wall thichness, because this is where the 3/8 bar will seat that all the shanks are welded to.
I look forward to hearing from "younze", I grew up near Pittsburgh, Could you tell...and thanks

/ Anyone with a toothbar on a LA853 loader #9  
I had a Woods toothbar on my BX23. The bar seemed to be pretty heavy-duty and worked well for digging, even in rocky areas. I plan on getting the same bar for the LA723 on my L3430. You can check out the Woods bars at Woods Toothbars

Jim

/ Anyone with a toothbar on a LA853 loader #10  
Not quite sure what you are looking for but if it helps i believe i have the woods mentioned above.
Here's a pic if ya need a better one i can do that just let me know.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a171/Svtjedi/unsortedpics1068.jpg
Just so ya know on my loader there is a pretty good gap between the shanks and the bucket itself.