Backhoe 3430hstc with Woods DuAl backhoe

/ 3430hstc with Woods DuAl backhoe #1  

mark2610d

Silver Member
Tractor
L3240HSTC
I got a great deal on the hoe and called woods to find out all the details about it. It is a DuAl 3pt backhoe that has it's own hyd pump. It is a DuAl model 1015. The guy from woods said that Woods bought out the DuAl company a few years back and that the Bh 7500 was basically a copy of the DuAl 1015 that I have. I ordered a heavy duty top link from woods and plan on being very careful as not to strain the top link. I asked about the factory cab bh7500 frame mount and the woods engineer said it would hook up only problem is the $1100.00 price tag... ouch!

What do you guys think, will the heavy duty top link be enough to keep from breaking the top link housing?

[image]http://www.tractorbynet.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/2568/sort/1/cat/529[/image]

/ 3430hstc with Woods DuAl backhoe
picture

Attachments

• 795598-3430backhoe-1.JPG
    795598-3430backhoe-1.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 968
   / 3430hstc with Woods DuAl backhoe #3  
[I ordered a heavy duty top link from woods and plan on being very careful as not to strain the top link. I asked about the factory cab bh7500 frame mount and the woods engineer said it would hook up only problem is the $1100.00 price tag... ouch!]

Nice setup! However, my wife says it drives her crazy when the hoe color does not match the tractor /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I also have an L3430HSTC. Can you comment about the Woods frame mount. Does a Woods backhoe mount either as a frame mount or a 3pt mount for the HSTC, or is it a combination of both?

I apologize for what is probably a question with an obvious answer, but I just haven't had much experience with tractor backhoes, except the BX23 factory hoe, Thanks.

Jim

There are 2 types of mounting for a backhoe attachment. 3pt mount and a direct frame mount. The hoe I have is a 3pt hoe and does not have a frame mount.

/ 3430hstc with Woods DuAl backhoe #5  
Mark,
Looks just like my Woods 750-right down to color and dirt/grease stains. Check the bottom grease fitting in the main boom lower pivot bearing. Mine was completely mashed and driven inside when I got mine. Had to drill larger and retap. I use mine with the three point hitch on a L3130 and works well. Always weary on putting too much strain on toplink. Intend to build subframe at some point.
Good luck,
David

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Mark,
Looks just like my Woods 750-right down to color and dirt/grease stains. Check the bottom grease fitting in the main boom lower pivot bearing. Mine was completely mashed and driven inside when I got mine. Had to drill larger and retap. I use mine with the three point hitch on a L3130 and works well. Always weary on putting too much strain on toplink. Intend to build subframe at some point.
Good luck,
David
)</font>

I did a complete grease job on the hoe before I used it the first time. I too had a mashed zerk fitting on the lower pivit. I too had to replace the fitting and use a ez-out to get the old one out. I just got my heavy duty top link (one piece) bracket from Woods and have it installed. I have been very careful not to put to much strain on the top link. Do you have the heavy duty top link bracket for your 3130?

All I have is a 12" bucket with mine right now I wish I had a 24" bucket. I wonder if the Woods 750 bucket would fit on mine?
Any idea how much a 24" bucket would cost?

Mark

/ 3430hstc with Woods DuAl backhoe #7  
The stock top link bracket IS the heavy duty one on the Grand L series. I have the BL4690 which is three point mounted. I bought a 24" Kubota bucket this summer and it was around $600.00! Ouch!

ksmmoto

/ 3430hstc with Woods DuAl backhoe #8  
The 3430 w/ cab is a great tractor and, at 3600 lb naked, a good size. However, you need to have front ballast to run that hoe. A loader is nice, but suitcase weights will work, too.

As for the 3-pt vs subframe issue, this forum has covered it
at length. Get a subframe and don't ruin that great machine!

/ 3430hstc with Woods DuAl backhoe #9  
Mark,
I have a 18" bucket and a home-made 8" bucket made out of diamondplate with two teeth. Works well for cabling. My 750 came with a heavy duty top link. You want to insure your tph lift control is bottomed out when backhoe attached. I ended up on the first install having the 3130 fighting itself-had tph control in mid-point. Took me a few minutes to figure what was happening. No damage done.
Any woods 750 bucket should fit. Check out Ebay. I see them often.
Regards,
David

Thanks for all the replys! I will check ebay for a larger bucket. I have about 7 hours on the hoe so far and really love it. It took a while to get the hang of it but now it's easy to dig with. The 12" bucket is very slow and I really want at least a 18" bucket. I have plans for a FEL and at that time I will invest in a sub frame. Meanwhile, I will make a homemade 50 gal water tank and mount it to the front of the tractor for a counter weight.

Mark