B3030 cold shifting

/ B3030 cold shifting #1  
K

kingoflawns

My machine doe's not want to shift h l m or 4 wd unless she is 100 % warmed up, anyone else experiencing this?

/ B3030 cold shifting #2  
Not to start another Oil debate. But what type of Transmission oil are you using?
The good point is that you are sure the oil is warmed up before you start moving tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ B3030 cold shifting #3  
I have about 40 hours on my B3030. I keep the machine in a 40 deg. garage. I start and move the machine outside while I shovel the snow away from the garage doors. At most 5 to 10 minutes. I have not noticed any shifting issues at startup or after 5 to 10 minutes of running at an idle. I have experienced the usual issues requiring a slight rocking of the machine foward or back to shift in or out of 4wd or between ranges. Occasionally applying brake pressure will ease shifting. I'm sure you will agree this has nothing to do with warmup... this is alignment or drive line forces.

/ B3030 cold shifting #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have about 40 hours on my B3030. I keep the machine in a 40 deg. garage. I start and move the machine outside while I shovel the snow away from the garage doors. At most 5 to 10 minutes. I have not noticed any shifting issues at startup or after 5 to 10 minutes of running at an idle. I have experienced the usual issues requiring a slight rocking of the machine foward or back to shift in or out of 4wd or between ranges. Occasionally applying brake pressure will ease shifting. I'm sure you will agree this has nothing to do with warmup... this is alignment or drive line forces. )</font>

I agree! Its NOT a "fluid thing". At 85 above down to 15 above that I have ooperated mine so far..if things just arent "right"...it dont "shift". Push on the brake..and all is well after that!

/ B3030 cold shifting #5  
Here's what I've found on my B2910:

Slight pressure on the reverse pedal or slow reverse motion to engage 4WD. Any forward motion to disenage 4WD.

Shifting between ranges works best when the tractor is stopped on level ground - in fact it doesn't even require clutching - just push the lever to whichever range you want .... no grinding of gears, it's prefectly smooth.

If I'm not on level ground, meaning the tractor's weight is pushing it forward or backward, then it requires some fudging - like a little pressure on either the forward or reverse pedals, clutching, stepping on the brake, etc.

I recently discovered that you could change ranges without the clutch - usually this works better than anything else.

/ B3030 cold shifting
Thankx to all for the feedback. I'm still on fact. hydraulic oil as i only have 30 hours. I will replace that oil with kubota super udt when i do my 50 hour service. I hope shifting will get easier when i get a few more hours.

/ B3030 cold shifting #7  
<font color="blue"> I'm still on fact. hydraulic oi </font>
It should have Super UDT from factory.
What the others have suggested may be what is required.