Curtis Snowplow

/ Curtis Snowplow #1  

Anonymous Poster

I recently perchased a B7500. Am considering a Curtis plow attachment for my 352 loader. Looking for some input or preferably someone who has a Curtis Blade for there loader. Appreciate!!
Jethro

/ Curtis Snowplow #2  
Jethro -- I was all ready to buy one from my local dealer, but he talked me out of it. Said unless you have a smooth (paved) driveway, the likelihood of damaging the FEL arms was too high to justify the risk. I didn't believe him, so asked the dealer in the next town and got the same story. Both have them in stock, but preferred to get me into a blower for less money.

Like you, I'd be really interested in hearing from some owners.

Pete

www.GatewayToVermont.com

/ Curtis Snowplow #3  
Jethro
I installed a 6'6" Curtis on my B2910 last year. Check out this thread Let it snow . Pictures are missing because most of the posts are before January. I added post with pictures just a couple of weeks ago. Front blade setup has to be the fastest way to move snow./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Let me know if you need more information.

18-30594-ronssig2.gif

/ Curtis Snowplow #4  
Ron -- What sort of surface are you plowing? My drive and road are very rocky, and like I said both dealers recommended against the Curtis setup for fear of damaging the loader arms. Have you heard anything about that?

Curious in snow country, Pete

www.GatewayToVermont.com

/ Curtis Snowplow #5  
I too went with the 6' 6" Curtis snowblow blade on the front of my tractor (B2710). In addition, I also have a 5' snowblower on the back. Everything I plow/snowblow, however, is paved. I find with 6" or so of snow, I can clear my 600' of driveway in about 1/10 the time with the blade than I can with the blower. I use the blower mainly for drifts and deeper snow. Typical snowfalls however, I use the blade alone.

For my use, the Curtis blade was the best investment I made for my tractor. I bought my tractor mainly for snow removal but do some brush hogging with it in the summer.

/ Curtis Snowplow #6  
Pete
My drive is black top for about 200'. Then its gravel and grass for another 200'. Last winter everything turned to solid ice by the end of January. When I ran in to the piles of ice the blade just flipped forward on the pivot. I too had some dealers say the same as your dealer. But I found that Curtis makes these blades for pickup trucks. They do not have as heavy a frame as my FEL. I haven't heard about front blades causing frames to bend on pickups unless they hit something at over 15 mph. My 2910 will not go over 5.5 mph in mid-range. I spent several hours plowing snow last winter and had no problems with FEL frame. What used to take an hour or more to do with my old Farmal 340. With a 7' Meyer snow blade mounted on it./w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif Takes less than a half hour to do with my 2910./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-30594-ronssig2.gif

/ Curtis Snowplow #7  
Greetings all!

I am also looking into purchasing a Curtis Plow. I have a gravel drive (not rocky almost like a rock dust mixture with chunks of bluestone) and I just learned about the Curits plow not being able to plow over gravel? However, it also displays in their brochure that the blade is designed for pushing dirt and gravel as well as snow. I have an L35 and I am thinking of going with the 7 1/2" blade which has a 28" moldboard height. Would this have a more "beefier" mounting bracket? Do you think that blade would really cause damage to the FEL arms of an L35? Thanks for the replies

The Ben from MA /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

/ Curtis Snowplow #8  
Greetings All/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Does anyone out there have first hand knowledge of loader arm damage or is this a rumor? Anyone ask this question at the Curtis site?
(wishing I had a Curtis blade for fel)
regards
Mutt

/ Curtis Snowplow #9  
Have you considered putting a Western or Meyer blade on the front of your tractor? I have a 7' Western mounted directly to the front of my 4300, and it works great. There is a lot of pressure (torque) on the FEL arms when extending that Curtis plow at the ends of the arms, and they may not take it. Keeping it close to the front of the tractor will help structurally. My plow drops off as quick as the FEL does on the 4300, so switching back and forth is no problem. My quicktach that I made just fastens with two bolts in the weight bracket.