Kubota will buy back my B3030

/ Kubota will buy back my B3030 #41  
At idle, engaging the PTO is no different than putting an automic transmission in drive. You feel it but there is no sudden jerk, just a smooth transition. My dad's 1967 Ford 4000 Row Crop has a hydraulic PTO that is not smooth. It just bangs into gear. However, non of the PTO implements we used were ever damaged from it. The B3030 is much smoother. Nothing to be concerned about at all IMHO. You get used to it.

/ Kubota will buy back my B3030 #42  
<font color="blue"> Kubota was using a clutch on most of their tractors until the BX and Grande L 30 tractors. </font>

Uh oh - this reminds me of "2001 - A Space Odyssey", where it appears that the HAL 9000 computer has actually made a mistake! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

The Grand L 30's do have clutches, but I sure don't use mine for much since it's a hydro and I never use the PTO. I'm still glad I have it, and I think all tractors should have them, but maybe I'm just being "old-school" - wouldn't be the first time. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

John

/ Kubota will buy back my B3030 #43  
<font color="blue"> The Grand L 30's do have clutches, </font> /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Must be the fine print (in Grand L 30 literature) +2) asterisk fine print that says at bottom of page "With Master Clutch". /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Doses that mean all other L 30's have the Hydraulic engage. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Kubota will buy back my B3030 #44  
I have not tried to start my 3030 with the hydro engaged but the brake does kick the cruise control back to neutral