Kubota OEM Front Weight Bracket

/ Kubota OEM Front Weight Bracket #1  

FRAN3

Tractor
Kubota BX23
Does anyone own, or have you seem a photo of, the Factory supplied Front Weight Bracket & Suitcase Weights for the BX23?

I have plowed snow this winter with the BH on, which is great for rear wheel traction, but it makes the front a bit light traction and steering wise.

Also, I am interested in what the factory Sun Shade looks like and just how expensive it could be.

Before you ask, I get more information and help from TBN then I do from my dealer!

/ Kubota OEM Front Weight Bracket #2  
FRAN3,
Regarding the sun shade, I purchased an aftermarket shade over the summer. Works great, no sun on the bald head anymore! The price was $235 delivered. The frame was strong enough to hold the lights.

Attachments

• 798529-canopy2.jpg
    798529-canopy2.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,088
   / Kubota OEM Front Weight Bracket #3  
another photo

Attachments

• 798532-canopy3.jpg
    798532-canopy3.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 1,032
   / Kubota OEM Front Weight Bracket
FirstBota,

Thanks for the photo's and a couple of questions.

First, is it easy to remove the Sun Shade from the brackets as I have to tilt my ROPS back to drive into my garage.

Second who is the manufacturer and/or where did you purchase it.

Thanks in advance.

/ Kubota OEM Front Weight Bracket #5  
I have the OEM weight bracket and some suitcase weights from another manufacturer (cheaper). I believe the weights are 40lb each, and I have three. Can't imagine needing more than that. Helps a lot when pulling a BB (w/o FEL) or when using my aerator. Cannot use the OEM grill guard in conjunction with the weight bracket. No, I no longer remember the cost as it has been 4-5 years now.

Did this help?

Thanks ToolDad,

It does help as I was also interested in what might not work in conjunction with the Front Weight Bracket and I was especially interested if the Front Weight Bracket would fit with the Front Mount for the Plow, which I am now guessing that it will not.

It is beginning to look like time to take out the welder and start designing !

/ Kubota OEM Front Weight Bracket #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( FirstBota,

Thanks for the photo's and a couple of questions.

First, is it easy to remove the Sun Shade from the brackets as I have to tilt my ROPS back to drive into my garage.

Second who is the manufacturer and/or where did you purchase it.

Thanks in advance. )</font>

FRAN3,
The sun shade isn't easily removable. However, I don't think it would be too difficult to make it removable. At a price of $235 it might be too close to the price of the tufftop? The name of the company was Sun Guard and their address is www.sun-guard.com. I actually purchased the sun shade on the bay.

/ Kubota OEM Front Weight Bracket #8  
I have a BX2200 and researched this very thing about front weight bracket and weights.

The factory front weight bracket was about $92.00 last time I checked, designed to hold up to five 55lb. weights from Kubota.

I actually looked into having one made and the bracket would cost as much to have made as it would to purchase it outright. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks Tom,

I appreciate the info !

/ Kubota OEM Front Weight Bracket #10  
You are very welcome Fran!

I think bracket and weights are well over $300.00 from Kubota. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif