B7100 Rear Differential Oil Change

/ B7100 Rear Differential Oil Change #1  

Shootingstar

Tractor
Kubota B7100
I am changing all the fluids in the old B7100 I bought. I can see how to drain the rear differential, both sides, but can't see how to refill.

I did notice that when I drained the transmission and cleaned the filter I could not get the prescribed 12.2 qts of Kubota UCD into it. Makes me wonder if it also fills the rear differential.

Anyone give me advice?

/ B7100 Rear Differential Oil Change #2  
Is this a gear model or HST?

Egon. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ B7100 Rear Differential Oil Change #3  
<font color="blue"> Makes me wonder if it also fills the rear differential. </font>
Transmission and hydraulic system use same oil and filler. Not sure how much oil is needed.

/ B7100 Rear Differential Oil Change
Yes, it is a gear model. I see two drain plugs at the rear differential (both sides) but I can's see how to refill....thus I suspect it is filled via the transmission. My manuals don't discuss this and barely acknowledged the drain plugs.

Thanks for the help so far.

/ B7100 Rear Differential Oil Change #5  
Mine Has HST so fraid I will not be of help.

Egon

/ B7100 Rear Differential Oil Change #6  
HI, On my 7100, you refill the rear differential by way of the transmission filler on the top of the gearbox. the oil fills both transmission and axle case...... I hope this helps

/ B7100 Rear Differential Oil Change
Thanks, that's what I suspected after not finding the manual's 12.2 qts after draining the transmission. After refilling it, I then discovered the two drains on both sides of the differential. I hadn't drained those. Having had already refilled with the Kubota UDT (expensive) I didn't want to drain again so I let a little out of both and capped them. Fortunately the oil looked clean when draining original oil, and the differential looked clean too.

At least I got about 8 or 9 new quarts in /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif