brush cutter for kubota L3400

/ brush cutter for kubota L3400 #1  

spiter23

Tractor
ford 1510
I have just bought a Kubota L3400 with fel and 5 foot brush cutter. Thinking of trading the 5 foot cutter for a medium duty 6 footer. If anyone out there has a 6 ft. cutter on their L3400, I would appreciate it very much if you could drop me a line and let me know how it is working for you. Enough power? Too heavy?
thanks for your help. Greg

/ brush cutter for kubota L3400 #2  
look good at horspower requirements. Salesman will sell you what he has. also , if you do not have fel, make sure you get front weights. if you do not ballast tractor properly, you will have problems with power train.

/ brush cutter for kubota L3400 #3  
hi, i am using a L2800 with a 5' bushhog and my dealers around here and from what i have seen on this board they usually state 5 horsepower per foot on the hogs.i believe the 3400 has around 30 pto power so a 6' sounds right.2800 is around 25 so im using a 5'.im not saying it wont work but from my experience in real thick stuff the extra foot will cause your engine to labor harder than it should.if you have light stuff to cut would probably be ok.

/ brush cutter for kubota L3400 #4  
I run a 5 foot on my L3400 with no problem except since I do not have an FEL on it it is light in the front. I have not added weights but a 6 foot would need them.

Horsepower wise it depends on how tall and thick the stuff your cutting is. If your going to cut it once a year you may find you have to slow down more with the 6 foot so there is no time advantage. Your HP will only do so much work.

What your cutting through and how much grade you have to climb while cutting will determine if the 6 foot is a good choice.