Winter's Coming

/ Winter's Coming #1  

kubmech

Platinum Member
Winter\'s Coming

Just some friendly reminders.....................

Change the battery in your smoke detectors

Cycle all your water shutoff valves (household)

Bring in the garden hose

Check your coolant strength and condition

Check your snow equipment for proper operation and condition
(avoid the rush)

Block your clutches to the disengaged position

Remove your tractor battery/bring it in to keep warm

Check coolant stength and condition

Remove mower deck covers and clean out grass and leaf build up (holds moisture/ wrecks bearings and corrodes deck)

Check for mouse nests in your air cleaners/ They also love the cooling fins under the shrouds of your small air cooled engines.

If your GST shifter is hard to shift or your cable operated loader control is hard to move DON"T FORCE IT hit 'em with the hair dryer.

Check your fuel filter bowls for water

Drain the fuel bowls on your small engine carberators to check for water

How long has that gas been in your snow blower

Don't lick any light poles

Did I mention, check your coolant level and condition?

/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Happy Fall /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Winter's Coming #2  
Re: Winter\'s Coming

"Remove your tractor battery/bring it in to keep warm!!!" Hard to start the tractor for snowplowing without the battery!

Pete in the Great Frozen North!

www.GatewayToVermont.com

/ Winter's Coming #3  

kubmech: totally agreee with MOST of your sugestions, but block clutches? and remove battery? up here we need the tractor almost as much as we do in summer. its called snow. and we sure do get a lot!/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

/ Winter's Coming #4  

I have to agree, this is the busiest time of the year. What with garden cleanup, firewood, leaves, landscape projects not to mention digging the counterweight out of the brush where it has sat waiting for the mower to be removed. As far as the battery goes, the garage is warm and the wife's car starts pretty good in the cold. She complains a lot about scraping the windshield though. SteveV

/ Winter's Coming #5  

I guess it's a regional thing. Out here, the list is more like:

Make sure all the lawn chairs are under the awning.

Turn off the air conditioner.

Air out your long-sleeved shirts.

Watch out for water spots on your fenders.

Consider using hot drinks in your Chalkley Cup. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ Winter's Coming #6  

Thanks for the reminders.
I will be using my B9200 this year for snowblowing duties and would like advice on adding 'block heater'. Are there different types? How do I know if my tractor can accept one?

/ Winter's Coming

Yes, there is a block heater available in a kit for your tractor, don't know the number off hand but your dealer can help you out.

/ Winter's Coming #8  

Handy list kubmech - thanks.

One suggestion - how about fuel stabilizer to throw in the tank for the diesel and gas engines?

/ Winter's Coming

I thought about posting about stabilizer but have heard mixed results. I don't have any personal experience as I use the drain it and run it out of gas method with my stuff and have'nt had a problem. I have yet to see bad diesel as far as sitting over winter, except of course summer fuel gelling up over winter but that's a whole other can of worms...

/ Winter's Coming #10  

Well, sort of in Harv's line of thought here, except we lucky Aussies get it the other way now !!

Clean pool, swim in pool, Turn on A/C, mow grass, swimin pool, mow grass, swim in pool and so it goes !!

Bring on the 40 degrees !!

<font color=blue>Neil from OZ.</font color=blue>