how many hours is a lot?

/ how many hours is a lot? #1  

Timmmmah

Tractor
2005 L 3130 FST
what would be considered a lot of hours on a tractor? I see my warranty goes 24 mos or 1500 hours whichever comes first... so what would be considered a lot of hours?

/ how many hours is a lot? #2  
5,000+

/ how many hours is a lot? #3  
I guess I'd better keep my opinion to myself. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ how many hours is a lot?
your opinion is welcome if you can talk about anything other than how much you hate the 3130

/ how many hours is a lot? #5  
Tim, I am very confident that we can come to friendly terms. As I said in your other thread, I believe that I have a right to express my opinions, and an obligation to state them in a respectful and honest manner. I didn't like being told to keep my opinions to myself, and I'm not about to, and more than you should.

In 680+ posts, I have talked about a lot more than the power-to-weight ratios of the Grand L's, and I don't "hate" the 3130. To recap, I just think that it's not a terrible waste of money to move up to the 3430, or ideally, to the 3830 with its nice 4" stroke. I say this not as much to denegrate the 3130 as to promote the alternatives for the potential benefit of others.

I do wish for peace between us, and I'll do my best to make it happen.

John

/ how many hours is a lot?
I am all for it like i said in my PM peace be with you brother!

/ how many hours is a lot? #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( 5,000+ )</font>

Sounds good to me. Although we do have tractors at work with 6000+ on them and still mostly trouble free.

/ how many hours is a lot? #8  
My rule of thumb is that an hour on a tractor is roughly equivalent to 50 miles on a pickup or car. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a pickup with 50,000 miles on it, or a tractor with 1,000 hours. But when a tractor is at 4,000 hours (or a car at 200,000) the game is usually well into the last quarter.
Of course it is also true that all generalization is bad. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ how many hours is a lot? #9  
500 is break in for these might Kubota diesels. My B7500 will be 5 years old in June and I have 480 hours. I mow, I bush hog, I till the garden, take hunting, crusie about the place, etc.

1500 hours in 24 months seens generous to me by Kubota.

/ how many hours is a lot? #10  
Dick,

I have about 4000 hours on my L345 (maybe more - the odometer cable was off when I bought the tractor), and it purrs like a kitten. Everyone, including the diesel mechanic who fixed some minor things on it, says it sounds very sound. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm hoping it has a lot more life left in it. I guess even if it's in its last quarter, it may have 1500 hours to go, or about 30 years the way I'm using it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif