Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tractor
    2005 L 3130 FST

Default how many hours is a lot?

what would be considered a lot of hours on a tractor? I see my warranty goes 24 mos or 1500 hours whichever comes first... so what would be considered a lot of hours?

Tractor
    Kubota L-39 GST TLB, Kubota L3130GST, Massey 1030 HST, Kubota ZD-21 ProDecK, Two Euro VW TDIs

Default Re: how many hours is a lot?

5,000+

Tractor
    Kubota L5030HST

I guess I'd better keep my opinion to myself. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tractor
    2005 L 3130 FST

your opinion is welcome if you can talk about anything other than how much you hate the 3130

Tractor
    Kubota L5030HST

Tim, I am very confident that we can come to friendly terms. As I said in your other thread, I believe that I have a right to express my opinions, and an obligation to state them in a respectful and honest manner. I didn't like being told to keep my opinions to myself, and I'm not about to, and more than you should.

In 680+ posts, I have talked about a lot more than the power-to-weight ratios of the Grand L's, and I don't "hate" the 3130. To recap, I just think that it's not a terrible waste of money to move up to the 3430, or ideally, to the 3830 with its nice 4" stroke. I say this not as much to denegrate the 3130 as to promote the alternatives for the potential benefit of others.

I do wish for peace between us, and I'll do my best to make it happen.

John

Tractor
    2005 L 3130 FST

I am all for it like i said in my PM peace be with you brother!

Tractor
    Kubota B2620, Toro 2000 Series Z Master

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( 5,000+ )</font>

Sounds good to me. Although we do have tractors at work with 6000+ on them and still mostly trouble free.

Tractor
    L5450, L48, L3250, L345

My rule of thumb is that an hour on a tractor is roughly equivalent to 50 miles on a pickup or car. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a pickup with 50,000 miles on it, or a tractor with 1,000 hours. But when a tractor is at 4,000 hours (or a car at 200,000) the game is usually well into the last quarter.
    Of course it is also true that all generalization is bad. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Kubota B7500 HST

500 is break in for these might kubota diesels. My B7500 will be 5 years old in June and I have 480 hours. I mow, I bush hog, I till the garden, take hunting, crusie about the place, etc.

1500 hours in 24 months seens generous to me by Kubota.

Tractor
    none any longer

Dick,

I have about 4000 hours on my L345 (maybe more - the odometer cable was off when I bought the tractor), and it purrs like a kitten. Everyone, including the diesel mechanic who fixed some minor things on it, says it sounds very sound. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I'm hoping it has a lot more life left in it. I guess even if it's in its last quarter, it may have 1500 hours to go, or about 30 years the way I'm using it. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast