Tilt on Kubota 7800 Possible?

/ Tilt on Kubota 7800 Possible? #1  

chuckcoug

Tractor
B7800
I read a couple of thread and I see why you need tilt on a box scrapper. Yep, If you are at an angle you can keep cutting but the angle stays.

Ok, has anyone put a tilt system on their kubota? How difficult was it? Where did you buy it? Any other suggestions are always helpful.

Chuck /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Tilt on Kubota 7800 Possible? #2  
Plenty of people have done it. Do a search for "Tilt Link" or "TNT" or "Top and Tilt" or "Rear remotes" and you will get hundreds of hits.

Here is a link to how it can be done for B-series Kubotas.

TNT for B-Series Kubotas

/ Tilt on Kubota 7800 Possible? #3  
When I ordered my B7800 two years ago, I asked to have Top-n-Tilt added to the machine. So the dealer ordered it, and it was installed at the factory by Kubota. It added $800 to the overall cost of the tractor.

Here are two photos of the installation. I apologize for the poor quality, but they were taken after dark, in the dark, inside my shop building, so they aren't as good as they'd be had I taken them in natural daylight.

Anyway, my son uses the TnT setup to great advantage when using the box scraper to cut roads through the overgrowth on his uneven and hilly property.

Note that I added "Rhino Wrap" to the hoses to prevent abrasion of the hoses from constant movement, and from rubbing against the back of the operator's seat.

Note also that the hoses get quite hot during operation, so it's not a good idea to let one's right forearm drop down onto the hoses atop the right fender. They are almost hot enough to burn one's unprotected skin.

Finally, although I didn't photograph it, note that the factory ran the hoses to the valve block by simply running them from up front and passing them over the right step platform on the tractor, thus exposing them to some wear...although I am too big to get on and off the tractor from the right side anyway, so that's a minor factor for me.

Attachments

• 849245-TNT3a.jpg
    849245-TNT3a.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 218
   / Tilt on Kubota 7800 Possible? #4  
I also had TnT installed when I bought my B7800, but that was because I didn't know enough about hydraulics then to do it myself. MadRef is absolutely right that it shouldn't be at all hard to do yourself. There are lots of posts by him that pretty much lay out how to do it.

Good luck.

/ Tilt on Kubota 7800 Possible? #5  
Well, I tried to attach two photos the first time, but it didn't work. So here's the second photo.

Attachments

• 849264-TNT1a.jpg
    849264-TNT1a.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 195