Farewell from TractorSmart !

/ Farewell from TractorSmart ! #1  

tractorsmart

Greetings,

I am Ronnie Bowman the “TractorSmart.com”
Although I have exchanged email with many of you this is my first public posting in a forum like this.
Since 1999 I have strived to have TractorSmart be a provider of Kubota parts for those that wish to do business on the Internet.
During these past seven years TractorSmart had become a quite popular site among Kubota owners on the Internet.
There a quite a few thousand of you spread across all 50 states that have done business with me and I appreciate it.
I thought this was a win situation for the customer, Kubota, and TractorSmart.
My thirty years experience with Kubota tractors was used in freely helping everyone that came to the site seeking information.
The online shopping cart was to give you the ability to order parts any time day or night.
Or to be a knowledgeable customer when you walked in the door at the local dealer and were able to obtain a part quickly because you were educated with what you needed before you arrived.
In order for TractorSmart to succeed the supply of parts had to be delivered in a timely matter, a fair price, and a fair charge for shipping.
Any interruption in any of the three above conditions would you might say close an online store.
Kubota today Feb 7th, 2006 announced changes effective March 1st, 2006 that adversely affect they way parts business has been conducted online.
It was by the good grace of Kubota that shipping cost was not a big factor in online sales.
That is now gone.
As I rely on the Internet business from TractorSmart as my only income it is clear that I will have to seek other employment to now survive.
I am certain your local dealer and the Kubota customer support people will be happy to fill the void.
It has been an experience of a lifetime for me. To think a farm boy with no formal education was able to develop TractorSmart, obtain an internet client base of thousands of customers and help so many people.

Thank You All!

Sincerely,
Ronnie Bowman

/ Farewell from TractorSmart ! #2  
Well dont THAT just flat SUCK!!!

/ Farewell from TractorSmart ! #3  
Ronnie, I am sorry to hear that.

But I must tell you how great an asset you and your services have been for us and have been greatly appreciated. A couple of times you have virtually SAVED US when we experienced an equipment failure right in the middle of an important project.

I wish you the best of luck for the future and like I said, am very sorry to hear this happening as your serivice was FIRST CLASS , something highly appreciated and likely not to be repeated by anyone else anytime soon...

/ Farewell from TractorSmart ! #4  
Whoa, this is a bit early for an April fools joke isn't it? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I really hate to see it go. I know you saved several hundred dollars if not thousands with your outstanding knowledge.
I remember walking into one Kubota Dealership and asking them a couple of questions and then referenced the part number I had gotten from you and they looked dumbfounded. Needless to say I went to another dealership to buy my new machine.
I wish you well in all your future endeavors.

At least check in here frequently on TBN to help answer those tough Kubota questions.

/ Farewell from TractorSmart ! #5  
Like the others.. I hate to hear that. I purchased several items from you some time back and I was really pleased. I had just got my first Kubota and must have asked you tons of questions and they were all answered accurately and friendly.

Good luck Ronnie and keep in touch on TBN.

/ Farewell from TractorSmart ! #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Kubota today Feb 7th, 2006 announced changes effective March 1st, 2006 that adversely affect they way parts business has been conducted online. )</font>

Just an FYI that what he is talking about is a change to the drop ship rules for parts. In the past it had been that Kubota would drop ship any parts order for $5, thats why a few places advertised $5 shipping on any order (Kubota lost $$ on this big time). Thats now ended and its going to be how most other companies work where dealers need to stock items to be profitable. The end result of this will be good for the customer as its going to force dealers to have more items on hand instead of relying on Kubota.

/ Farewell from TractorSmart ! #7  
Ronnie,

Sorry to hear of this ...... really appreciated having you there and the outstanding service you delivered.

Best of luck in whatever new endeavor you undertake ..... judging by the success of TractorSmart there is little doubt in my mind that you will do well.

rswyan

/ Farewell from TractorSmart ! #8  
Well I for one would stillbuy from you even if I had to pay UPS. It is just too far to a dealer for me. Over 100 miles.
Good luck and I hope you can put it back together.

/ Farewell from TractorSmart ! #9  
Sad news. My local dealers are closed on Saturdays (!) and I will now have to take time off work to buy Kubota parts.

TractorSmart was fast and convienent.

I miss TractorSmart!

/ Farewell from TractorSmart ! #10  
I too will miss tractorsmart as my dealer is not up to snuff on their parts and doesn't like me for buying my tractor at another dealer.

I believe it will be a loss for the customer.