Loss of Power

/ Loss of Power #1  
Tractor
Kubota L3430
I have a L295 that has been running good as far as I could tell but today after about 1 hour of use it over about a 30 second to 1 minute period lost power almost like it was hungry for fuel. I suspect either a bad filter and/or fuel and will check these. The tractor did run out of fuel about 3 years ago and since then as time goes on its been harder and harder to crank. For instance today it had to turn over 20 or so times and then you could tell it was trying to crank and finally after a decent amount of smoke it began firing better and then warmed up and ran fine. One question is when you bleed the injectors just how much fuel should come out around the compression nut while its turning over and should it be under a lot of pressure? Any other thoughts on what problems I could have?

/ Loss of Power #2  
Next time you have it RUNNING, crack the compression nut at each injectors, one at a time. It is under high pressure, but each stroke is a small amount of fuel. If you have any air in the injector plumbing, this will clear it.
You should notice a very distinct miss when you allow the fuel to leak from the injector.
Do you have glow plugs? Are they working?
If you have had any freezing temp any water in the fuel filter will block the system. Good luck,KennyV.

/ Loss of Power #3  
Might just be getting old. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Technically you don't have to bleed Bosch type pumps at the injectors. The bosch type have a plunger and barrel for each injector. The fuel will force any air out. the line is small and the amount of fuel you see spitting out if you remove the line is small. With these pumps you do need to keep the air out of the fuel galley. Important here. On my BIL's old MF 1080, it seemed to like to have the injectors bleed. Well sort of, only one to get it going. then the others would clear out. He never believed it. That was a Perkins engine with the round pump. No way to manually bleed.

When I was rebuilding engines we pumped up the injectors (with a special Bosch priming tool, basically just manually pumping the plumgers) be starting a new engine after a rebuild. It was really just a mechinics test to see how few rotations of the engine were needed to get it started. About 2 was good.

/ Loss of Power #4  
I will preface this by saying that I am not a mechanic or expert- but have recently had to work on trusty old L175- debris got in the air intake- I ended up pulling the head and cleaning everything out, replaced the head gasket and put everything back together. Glad to say it is running fine- better than before. It was always a beast to start when cold. Now, warm the glow plugs and it starts, sputters, dies. but starts right up after that. I would suggest that you check the fuel filter and make sure you have fresh fuel. Next, bleed the injectors- what can you hurt? from my experience you will not see much fuel, but it just may make a world of difference. good luck!

/ Loss of Power #5  
At around 400 to 500 hours our B2910 was becoming noticably harder to start .... since it was due for a fuel filter change I did that. When I dropped the bowl it had a little water in the bottom and the filter element had a little crud on it ..... along with a yellowjacket curled up on top of the element ..... dunno how long he was in there .....

After I replaced the element it started immediately.