Loader for my old Kubota - Three question combo

/ Loader for my old Kubota - Three question combo #1  

picker77

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 3032E, dual remotes, TnT, tooth bar, grapple
Question 1: Would dearly love to have a loader but can't justify putting a new $5K aftermarket loader on a 25 year old tractor. Plus I love this little tractor (400 hrs) and would hate to have to give it up for a new one just to get a loader. Anybody got a loader out back sitting in the weeds that would fit this little jewel?

Question 2: Does anybody know what "range" of Kubota models this theoretical loader would fit, so I can expand my search a little? Would an L295DT loader also fit maybe the L245, L275 and others, or maybe the L345, etc..?? Thre sure isn't much info available on the older models like this, which is a shame, because I'll bet there are a bunch of them out there still working every day.

Question 3 (last one!): Would somebody that currently owns and operates an L295DT with loader installed please contact me with info on what was required, hydraulic wise, for hookup. Any aux pumps, mods, etc. required? I think there's only about 5.5 gpm available from the system, so for all I know maybe this can't be done anyway.

/ Loader for my old Kubota - Three question combo #2  
Sorry I don't have an answer for you, we were sort of in the same situation with our old L245DT. Rather than go to the trouble and expense of installing a loader, we got another tractor already outfitted. Of course, our old turkey didn't look like yours - it looks like new! And only 400 hours? Wow! I was told it could be a problem to have a loader on a tractor without power steering - don't know if that's true or not, but I can see the point.

/ Loader for my old Kubota - Three question combo
Thanks, Jim. Yeah, I didn't have much hope for much of a response, but figured it was worth a try. Yes, this is probably the nicest older Kubota around, unless somebody has one in a museum somewhere. This tractor does have power steering, it has the type that uses a hydraulic cylinder in the drag link. If it was a typical old beater I wouldn't be so reluctant to buy a new(er) tractor with a loader. Still looking around at possibilities, including the 25-35 hp New Hollands and the equivalent size John Deeres. I like Kubota, but I also like JD. Never drove or owned a NH, but I like their looks, and people on this board have said a lot of good things about their TCxx series. Driver comfort and convenience and mechanical reliability will lead my list of priorities. My equipmnet doesn't get used hard, although part of that is simply because I don't have a loader. First several years I owned it, I used this tractor a lot for mowing, but since I got a new 27 hp 61" Scag Turf Tiger 3 years ago the tractor only gets used for rough brush hogging and box blading. The Scag is a BRUTE of a mower, and has cut my overall mower seat time by about 75%! It also eliminated the need for a finish mower for the tractor, and does a nice job on my yard to boot. I think if I had it all to do over again, I'd buy a big heavy duty Scag or Kubota zero-turn and a small to med sized TLB with an easily removeable backhoe.

/ Loader for my old Kubota - Three question combo #4  
I suggest you do what I did. Beyer tractor periodically lists old Kubota sales literature on ebay. I bought a 1987 product guide. It shows all the tractors and attachments and what fits what. I was able to find out which mower fits my B6200, and bought one for 350.00. It is a valuable resource for anyone with an old Kubota.

/ Loader for my old Kubota - Three question combo #5  
Hi - That L295 is a gem !! I had an L345 - same basic chassis but had integral power steering - your external cylinder type gives more assist so would be better with a loader.

Regarding a loader there has been some discussion here at TBN. The original Kubota 1720 loader for these tractors was made in the U.S. - it is quite strong and has good reach. It isn't fast, but it runs adequately on the internal hydraulics. The tap into the system is done by replacing a small 4-bolt cap under the left side of the seat with a ported block. The 1720 loader's frame runs from the rear axle forward to the grille, and replaces the front bumper. The 1720 is not a "removable" design. I set up a sling to lift off the arms and bucket for mowing - also made a detachable mount for the valve - but the frame stays in place. Only one set of disconnects was needed - plugged one into the other when the loader was off.

It is not common to find a 1720 loader and subframe available today. But whatever aftermarket loader you install should have a similar full-length frame if possible. Some designs attach to just the front half of the tractor. They can put a lot of stress on the middle gearcase. Your L295 is a real keeper - I'd keep looking for a loader that can be adapted. Take care, Dick B

/ Loader for my old Kubota - Three question combo #6  
The Bushhog Loader I put on my mid-80's B8200 would work for you. I'm 99% sure they make a mount kit. Capacity would be right for your tractor.

Mine is the Bushhog 1846QT. Had it for a few years; it has worked well.

Mine was $3200 installed. They aint cheap... You could watch ebay, the classified here ect too, for a factory loader.