Inner tie rod boots on BX2230

/ Inner tie rod boots on BX2230 #1  

kkesler

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2230
Searching has been fruitless, so I will ask. I have managed to destroy the rubber boots on the inner tie rod ends on my 2230, and according to the parts man at the dealership I have to buy the entire end, as they don't sell just the boot.

Other options? Saw where people are using a Rancho shock boot for the front shaft boot, so that gives me hope.

/ Inner tie rod boots on BX2230 #2  
This may help ... and maybe not /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Cheers!

/ Inner tie rod boots on BX2230 #3  
I do not think mine lasted two weeks the mesquite trees just eat them up. What I do is I wrap the old boots with self vulcanizing rubber tape. It can be bought in the electrical dept of any good hardware home store. It is made for wrapping electrical wires exposed to water and for down well electrical applications. It is water proof and flexable. I have to redo mine every mont or so but ir works. If you have never used any of that kind of tape it has a plastic baking you pull off the backing and the stretch the tape to activate the self vulacnizing and then wrap the tape. it will bond together allmost into a solid mass of rubber.

/ Inner tie rod boots on BX2230
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( This may help ... and maybe not /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Cheers! )</font>

Smacks self in forehead.

Why didn't I think of that? Bicycle tube and zip ties...Perfect!

/ Inner tie rod boots on BX2230 #5  
This is a repair that I feel should be covered by warrantee but apparently is not. One of the things when company need to fix a lot of a certain thing on a vehicle or tractor under warrantee is that they figure out a way to build it so it won't break. Right now those boots might as well be made of tissue paper for where they are and how easily they tear. I had like 2.3 hours on my new L4400 when my left one tore. New boot $10. Their bad, as far as I'm concerned.
simonmeridew