New BX2350!!! Woohoo!!!

/ New BX2350!!! Woohoo!!! #1  

Charliebrn

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX-2360
Some of you may remember me, I had a BX2200 that I had modded to death. Well, today I took delivery on my new BX2350. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif and since I haven't seen a write up here for this new model, I thought I might post a few things....

It's not just a facelift to the previous models, this is an entire new product. Yes, it has a new sloping hood and curved loader arms, but a lot else has been changed.

the biggest positive improvements:

1. A new tranny, much different design, I don't notice the whine that I used to hear from my 2200. Even the strainer is different, held in by a smaller bolt and easy to clean (no wheel removal necessary). The trans fill point has been moved to tractor starboard, easy to check and fill. The loader hookups changed sides too, so a lot of new engineering here.

2. The engine is the D902-E2, same as the 2230

3. Operator platform is MUCH bigger and open, a huge difference.

4. the front transaxle has been redesigned, the outboard gear housing is a lot bigger, thus the larger wheels

5. The loader mount is reversed, making it very easy to see to line up and hook up...it was easy before, but this is a definite improvement.

6. The tractor includes the upgraded alternator, not the dynamo that the older tractors came standard with, and this will be handy for my light project I'm already planning.

7. The 3pt hitch has been redesigned, and is higher off the ground. The implements that suffered with the 2200, like a post hole auger shouldn't have problems anymore.

8. The loader control has been moved to the right side of the dash, mounted to the dash. A huge improvement, and its a 4 way control to boot, so use with things like hydraulic front blade will work nicely.

9. The air cleaner mount is part of the radiator support, so no more worries about a bracket that breaks. This mount will be bulletproof.

10. The lighting system has been redesigned with clearer lenses and fantastic reflectors. The lights are now Halogen, and really light things up, a HUGE improvement.

11. The dashboard and underneath have been completely redesigned. On my 2200, the under dash looked like it was thrown together. On the new BX there is a custom cradle for the battery, which slides into place. The fuses now have a permanent mount and actually look like an automotive setup, right down to the tool and spares. The dash instruments are bigger and backlit at night. They even included a digital tachometer for those of us that whined! It's a busy place underneath though, the control rods for the loader go to the bottom of the tractor where the actual loader control is.

12. The seat is bigger and more comfortable. This may seem like a small thing, but you may agree that it's a huge improvement after mowing for a few hours...

Ok, now for the things you may or may not like....

1. The two pedal design. I liked the treadle pedal, I could maneuver forward to reverse in a heartbeat just by rocking my foot. While it clearly gives you more room on the platform, it'll take a little getting used to, especially since I have small feet. You guys with size 11 shoes may be able to keep your heal on the reverse and toes on the forward...size 9 doesn't quite cut it.

2. Plastic hood, sides and rear fenders. True, they wont dent or rust and if you scratch it, it's still orange. Everyone has switched over to plastic now...even the new Deere 2305 is this way. The deck itself is still steel, though....and the fenders are very sturdy, probably have steel under them.

3. Safety switches, especially the operator presence switch. I hate it. Every time I hit a bump, the engine coughed. Every time I slowed too abruptly, pushing me forward, the engine coughed and started to die. If I leaned forward to see what it was I was about to destroy, the engine coughed. Simple enough to disable though.... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif (Yes, I KNOW there's a reason for it, but all the safety devices in the world won't save you from lack of common sense.. and besides...I HATED it)

And now for things everyone will hate:

well....I can't think of any..... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Attachments

• 831973-BX2350.JPG
    831973-BX2350.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 683
   / New BX2350!!! Woohoo!!!
More pics...this is the new, backlit dash. (Lots of dummy lights, you just cant see them here...)

Attachments

• 831976-BX2350 Dash.JPG
    831976-BX2350 Dash.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 551
Another...this one of the bottom of the dash. Notice the bottom of this compartment can no longer be opened for engine cooling with a cab on. This means that there will have to be a new design for cabs, otherwise the radiator fan will suck out all the warm air....

Attachments

• 831977-BX2350 dash under.JPG
    831977-BX2350 dash under.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 463
Teh redesigned 3pt hitch...

Attachments

• 831979-BX2350 3pt hitch.JPG
    831979-BX2350 3pt hitch.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 552
   / New BX2350!!! Woohoo!!! #5  
Very nice. Good luck with the new machine...was there any reason you traded the BX2200, other than you just wanted to? I was just curious, as I bought my BX1500 hoping it will last me a number of years...then again, when I want something new, I just get it! Good luck again, and it looks sharp.

BMW

Actually, I got a divorce a couple years back and had to sell it to pay things off, keep the house and kids, little stuff like that... Back on my feet now... *grin* /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Thanks for the compliments though!

/ New BX2350!!! Woohoo!!! #7  
Soooooo what will be your first modification?? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Great looking machine looks like Kubota hit another home run, speaking of home runs how about those Yankees this year, this could be the year for #27!

Enjoy your new tractor.

Lights!!! Though the headlights are now halogens and much better, I still need lots more. My drive enters from a fairly busy road and when we get hit with snow, I don't wanna get run over..(might dent the 'Bota). I'm gonna add 2 front traps and a couple rear floods to start, perhaps some fogs on the side later....

And oh yea...go Yanks! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Then lets see....a block heater, rear link adjusters, a Canopy...sound system using the iPod.... *sigh*