b6000 grief

/ b6000 grief #1  

dinkydigger

Tractor
Kubota B6000 4WD
As an update to my question: Our old b600 is the first tractor that we've ever owned. We got it in only moderate shape(it ran-just), rehabed it, strengthened the FEL, built a rollbar/cage and learned through a multitude of broken parts and shattered nerves how far was much, much to far to push our very noble and abused stead. The tractor is in regular daily use on our farm, or at work supporting the light construction/landscaping work that we do. Though hard worked, it receives diligent servicing. We've run 50/50gycol-water in the coolant, made sure the belts are good, regularily cleaned the rad(amazing how fast it will choke up on grass/dust etc.), and do a check list of the machine before each job. But,it has on occasion been run to hot from what I believe is just plain over worked, on cold and warm days. Its allowed to cool down slow. That has prevented serious harm. So has a custom dry cartridge aircleaner of overkill proportions. And we are considering the possible addition of a larger collector surface area rad with an oil intercooler.But it is a small machine worked hard, and it seems to be throwing up on its own shoes....Any ideas as to why?

/ b6000 grief #2  
How is the rad cap?

Does it have a thermostat?

Egon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ b6000 grief #3  
The B6000 is a thermosiphon tractor, that means it has no wather pump.
You may need to run a 70/30 mix, with 70% water for it to circulate properly. You 50/50 mix will not allow it to do so well enough.
You may need to flush the core and block to clean it out. Check that the core isnt plugged up too.
Hope this helps.

/ b6000 grief #4  
It may be a little cold in Canada for 70% water right now... it was 12degrees here in the Northeast USA with some mean wind chill. Brrr.

/ b6000 grief #5  
Just for information. The climates in Canada vary quite a bit depending on region. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

web page

Check out this site for Victoria, British Columbia.

Egon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ b6000 grief #6  
Oops, I'm thinking the wrong side of the country. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I have to get out more /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif