Mowing KUBOTA RCK6024B MOWER PROBLEM!!!!!!!

/ KUBOTA RCK6024B MOWER PROBLEM!!!!!!! #1  

CampMan

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2320, 2012 yr
Purchased a Kubota mmm RCK6024B last summer along with my B7510 and FEL (LA3302) I mowed through the summer with the mmm, however, was not really happy with the way it was cutting. The center rear dual wheels which set side by side on about an 8 inch horizontal shaft seems to carry a lot of weight, thus cutting into the lawn (turf) and leaving obvious trail mark and two indentations.

The Kubota mower that I previously had with my Kubota B7200 was of the same style, however, it had about an 8-inch wide, 4 inch dia roller wheel, which distributed the weight more evenly and did not leave any turf marks. I have repeatedly adjusted the mower to the specifications, they are right-on. Maybe I’ll have to obtain a rolled such as what was on the old mmm and fudge something together.

I’m wondering if others have had similar problems and if they found a solution, such as, a roller wheel or wider wheel etc.
Thanks in advance
Campman

/ KUBOTA RCK6024B MOWER PROBLEM!!!!!!! #2  
Are you sure the wheels are supposed to be in constant contact with the ground?? I have the same mower, but have only mowed for about 2 hours with it. I wasn't happy with the way it worked either. When I put it up for the winter I figured that I would work it all out in the spring via adjustments. I was reading the manual, which I wasn't impressed with very much, and it SEEMED to say that those are only anti-scalping rolls, i.e. they are not supposed to be in constant ground contact????? Is the mower supposed to hang just above the ground and the rolls are only supposed to hit the ground when you encounter a little hump or something?

My concrete garage floor is level but I had a hard time getting all of the wheels the same distance from the floor...if anyone can lend some advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

/ KUBOTA RCK6024B MOWER PROBLEM!!!!!!! #3  
Those wheels ARE NOT supposed to touch the ground on a flat piece of lawn. They are supposed to be set an inch or so above the ground, and are there ONLY to lift the deck up to prevent scalping. Same with the front. Deck is to be supported from the tractor.
Most common misunderstanding on MMM's.

/ KUBOTA RCK6024B MOWER PROBLEM!!!!!!!
The research I have done on Kubota mid-mowers are as follows: They make two different mowers, one which is fully suspended from the tractor, and the other stays in full contact with the ground. The RCK60-54-24B model is one that rides directly on the ground. The two front swivel wheels which are spread some four feet apart are to be in direct contact with the ground at all times, as are the two dual wheels that are at the rear, but centered directly under the middle of the tractor. The four wheels mentioned all have grease fittings the other three rollers are ant-scalp without fittings..

The research I have done on Kubota mid-mowers are as follows: They make two different mowers, one which is fully suspended from the tractor, and the other stays in full contact with the ground. The RCK60-54-24B model is one that rides directly on the ground. The two front swivel wheels which are spread some four feet apart are to be in direct contact with the ground at all times, as are the two dual wheels that are at the rear, but centered directly under the middle of the tractor. The four wheels mentioned all have grease fittings the other three rollers are ant-scalp without fittings..

/ KUBOTA RCK6024B MOWER PROBLEM!!!!!!! #6  
Sorry Campman, I guess I have a RCK60B-22X, not a 24X. Also, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. For what it's worth, I am looking at my owners manual right now and it does call them all "anti-scalping" rolls, on my unit anyhow. Guess I got some adjusting to do come spring. Good luck.

No problem, I guess we both have some adjustments to make by spring. I thought someone by now may have corrected the wheel/roller issue themself with a wider surface, thus less turf problems.
Good luck

/ KUBOTA RCK6024B MOWER PROBLEM!!!!!!! #8  
I have basically the same 60" MMM on my B3030. It is also supposed to ride on the wheels at all times rather than be suspended. That part is OK, but I did not like the tracks that the two center wheels left on the mowed lawn. It just does not look right to me. I solved that problem by making mine a semi-suspended deck. I mounted two adjustable hooks underneath the tractor and used chains to hold up the rear of the mower. Until I was sure I had it right I just raised the rear wheels all the way up while mowing so that they would not touch the ground. I have since completely removed the rear wheels and their adjusting hardware. I like it a lot better that way. I don't have the tracks on the lawn anymore, the mower will not sink into soft ground and with the rear wheels removed it makes rolling the mower underneath the tractor a peice of cake. I don't know if you can do this modification on your setup, but if you can I am sure you will like it.

Attachments

• 839810-P1010002 (Small).JPG
    839810-P1010002 (Small).JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,294
Sounds great... Looks like we are dealing with the same issue. The pics will be great.
Thanks in advance

/ KUBOTA RCK6024B MOWER PROBLEM!!!!!!! #10  
Left Side View

Attachments

• 839829-P1010003 (Small).JPG
    839829-P1010003 (Small).JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,133