BX24 Blank tach, temp gauge.

/ BX24 Blank tach, temp gauge. #1  

Singlecoil

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX-24D Cub Cadet LT42e
Ok, I finally got the new machine dirty. The wife had me dig a hole in the yard to plant a tree. I'll just say that operating a backhoe looks very easy.
Anyway, when I started the machine, the tack was blank and the temp gauge never worked. AFter a few minutes, I turned the key back off and started it up again. Same problem. I just set the throttle by ear and set to work. After a while, I shut the the machine off to get the hand shovel /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif and when I restarted it, the tach and temp gauge worked. The idiot lights were working the whole time. I took off the front screen and looked for loose wiring harnesses but didn't find any. Anyone else have this problem?
As for running the backhoe, I was kind of surprised at how sensitive the side-to-side control of the boom was. It seemed that for the same amount of lever movement, a lot more was happening in that dimension than any other.
As for painting up my green box scraper and yellow PHD, Napa had Krylon Farm Tractor/Implement spraypaint that supposedly is a match for Kubota. When it warms up enough for painting I'll put some pictures up.

/ BX24 Blank tach, temp gauge. #2  
You can ease the sensitivity of the boom by doing another operation simultaneously, like curling or uncurling the bucket. Sharing the hydraulic pump output by doing this should help.