Size of trailer you pull behind BX

/ Size of trailer you pull behind BX #1  

redharley

Gold Member
Tractor
BX2230
Just wandering what size trailer people pull behind their BX.If I remember in my manual towing weight is around 1500lbs.Once and a while i have pulled my dual wheel 16ft that I haul my BX on which weighs about 1450lbs around my place with no problems but I don't have any hills. Just wandering if most people us lawn type carts or small trailer's.

/ Size of trailer you pull behind BX #2  
About 2200#, 18' car hauler. I pulled it around all the time on FLAT property. Low range, 4wd is a must.

Trailer.JPG

/ Size of trailer you pull behind BX
Does it push you,man I would think in the snow like that when you want to stop it would slid you with out chains.Do you haul stuff on it with your tractor,or just move it around empty?I was thinking about using my 16ft to haul some wood in.I would not fill it,mostly level ground.It's easier to get around with the tractor here at home rather than the Tahoe.

/ Size of trailer you pull behind BX #4  
It has never pushed the tractor around at all. BUT, I don't go fast with it knowing that BX brakes are useless. I have never had the need for chains (with the trailer or not).

I have loaded the trailer with wood and pulled it up the road to the neighbors house (maybe 1/4 mile) during the non-snow season. Loaded was maybe 3000# or so. Once again, low range, 4wd engaged and plenty of room to slow and accelerate. The trailer does not have a wheel on the jack, so stopping would be as simple as putting down the 3pt if needed. During the wood hauling I had the FEL on the front to counter the tongue weight somewhat.

Now that the warranty is over and I've sold the tractor, I can show these pictures. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Size of trailer you pull behind BX #5  
I pull my 28' travel trailer around my flat yard

/ Size of trailer you pull behind BX #6  
Redharley, I am in the middle of modifying a 4X8 trailer from TSC for the back of the BX, it will have a hyd cyl to tilt the bed. I have pulled a 6-1/2' X 12' trailer full of family and kids the last two Halloweens, the BX handled it fine but I wanted something smaller. This is what I started with.

Attachments

• 845413-Trailer 6.jpg
    845413-Trailer 6.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 391
   / Size of trailer you pull behind BX #7  
This is what it looks like now, waiting on wood.

Attachments

• 845415-Trailer 7.jpg
    845415-Trailer 7.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 373
   / Size of trailer you pull behind BX #8  
This is what I came up with for the dump cyl and front reinforcement for the bed.

Attachments

• 845420-Trailer dump cylinder 2.jpg
    845420-Trailer dump cylinder 2.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 369
   / Size of trailer you pull behind BX
Nice pic's there Scoot,the new color looks great.How high will that cyclinder pick up the front,is your pivot point at the very back?Will it have a wood or steel floor?Looks like your doing a fine job.You must also do some welding,looks like it's been your winter project.Have fun keeps use posted

/ Size of trailer you pull behind BX #10  
The cylinder is a 12" stroke it will put the back of the trailer on the ground and with the three point up it should be a good slope. The pivot is only about 15" back from the front of the trailer box. I am going to use plywood for the floor. I have been doing projects all winter, I just ordered all the fittings and hose to hook up the two spool rear remote valve, the trailer cylinder, and the cylinder I put on the back blade. I have to get this stuff done because the bike will be out soon.
Scott