Another good reason to always wear the seatbelt

/ Another good reason to always wear the seatbelt #1  

RayH

Banned
Tractor
Kubota BX23
Dont expect blood and carnage, its not that kind of story. Went out today to fire up the BX. I was going to the backyard to do some grading. My backyard is a slope so I always wear the seatbelt while working it. I reach around the seat to find the female end of the seatbelt and its not there. Apparently it vibrated off sometime this winter. All Ive done with the tractor this winter is use it to remove snow and I did some backhoe work earlier in the winter. I dont use the seatbelt for either of those tasks. It couldve fallen off anytime in the last 4-5 months and I wouldnt have noticed. The tractor hasnt left my yard so I know its here someplace but I just spent about an hour looking for it. I even looked across the street in the ditch where I pile snow from my driveway. Anyway, backyard operations are halted for the moment. Ive seem too many accidents happen at work because of silly things like this.
Anyone know if the dealer carries just the one end of the seatbelt connector?

/ Another good reason to always wear the seatbelt #2  
After buying a used Kubota B2410 last year, I discovered that the female end had rusted so badly that even after soaking in various oils, the male end would not go in and hold. I went to the local Kubota dealer and asked the same question you have in the forum. "Can one buy half of the seatbelt?" The answer was "no" so I bought the whole new set. I think it may be a legal issue since they do not know what condition your half is in and they may be responsible if something fails later. Go for a new one to be safe. I certainly feel better with a new one which is a matched pair. Put some thread locker on it this time or use it all the time so you know where it is. HTH /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Another good reason to always wear the seatbelt
I just called the dealer. They told me the same thing. The ends dont come seperately. I can buy the whole new seatbelt for $60.
My BX is less than a year old so hes checking to see if it can be warrantied.

/ Another good reason to always wear the seatbelt #4  
Kragens/Checker/Pep-Boys/NAPA?

I would guess they would be less than 1/2 the cost /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Another good reason to always wear the seatbelt #5  
Ya want mine?.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Another good reason to always wear the seatbelt #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My BX is less than a year old so hes checking to see if it can be warrantied.)</font>

Well within the parameters of the warranty. Big K should buy you a new one. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Another good reason to always wear the seatbelt #8  
Every automobile junkyard has back seat seatbelts that can be had for $10 or less.

Im not sure an automotive seatbelt is the answer. The mounting bolt on the BX is much smaller than the automotive mounting bolts Ive seen. No doubt something could be rigged up to work, and if the tractor was older I may be inclined to go that route, but its only about 7 months old and has just a few hours on it. I think I'll wait to hear back from the dealer, they seem to be pretty open to warranting it.
I probably wont hear back from them until Monday though. Maybe I'll take another good look around the yard this weekend, its got to be here someplace.

Weehooo!!!!
Found it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif