Trailering 7610/Gross weight???

/ Trailering 7610/Gross weight??? #1  

53gravely

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 7610 HSD
Hi all-
I want to bring my 7610 down from VT to NJ to regrade and do a new lawn and do some work at our church. I was recently "blessed" with the Buildings and grounds chairmanship. Tractor would be here 2 weeks then back north.

I was thinking of renting a UHaul car trailer but they require a vehicle with a towing capacity of 5000#....my vehicles have 3500# capacity. Anyone have any other ideas...Double axle Landscape trailers have enough capacity?? Also what is the weight of the tractor....got some of it off the website:

tractor #1,360
Loaded turfs #500?
352 FEL with undercarriage is what...maybe #600 or what?

What about covered rental trailers?
Any ideas or experiences appreciated.

/ Trailering 7610/Gross weight??? #2  
Hi Gravely,
I have yet to "own" my 7610, dealer is waiting for R4's to come in... hopefully by next weekend! But when I asked about trailering he said I could get away with a single axle trailer although it wouldn't be recommended for long trips. Dual axle is highly recommended.

Weight for the tractor/tires are right on (again, based on what the dealer said) but the 352 FEL is around #850. I hear most single axle trailers are rated at 2500lbs thus this tractor would be just over the limit.

My dealer is 40 miles away over a few steep hills and he thought I could get away with a single axle if I need it serviced.

Just make sure to get the correct length trailer! Check out some other trailering posts. They recommend going a few feet longer than the tractor.

For now I'll keep dreaming of things to do with the 7610.
Good luck!
Keith

/ Trailering 7610/Gross weight??? #3  
I'm passing on trailering my L2500 (about 2400#) on my single axle trailer. Maybe ok for a few miles but I think the load on a bounce would be to much and centering the load might be harder. I just sold the 5x12 today (3500# axle) and started building a tandem axle sled. With the tires I have the gross is 4500#. The trailer will weigh about 1000#.

/ Trailering 7610/Gross weight??? #4  
If your vehicle can only pull 3,500 lbs, it seems your vehicle is going to be the problem. The trailer, tractor & accessories will be more than 3,500lbs. Even the lightest double axle trailers weigh over 1,500 lbs alone.

If you lived closer by, I'm sure I could help you out. NJ is not far, but VT is.