Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Default First project!

Well...it started with snow! Little accumulation, but it was pouring down off and on. I grubbed my first stump! 9" sweet gum...and I had to tackle it uphill, downhill, and sideways.
    I moved a bunch of dirt, using the BH, FEL, and rear blade. I'm making a driveway to the backside of my garage. I could take my truck up it now, but it's not quite the way I want it yet. There was already enough room to park my boat behind the garage, but I tapered the slope away from the building, and moved the dirt to bring up the backfill a bit.
    I did learn that tractor work is definately work on the body too!
    I didn't tip the tractor over...but I did have it on 3 wheels a couple of times. THE BX earned her keep today!
    Pics when the snow stops.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Default Re: First project!

Pics are in the "kubota Work" album at the link below.

web page

Silver Member
    Tractor
    2005 Kubota BX2230

Looks like a good day's work.

I had no tractor time this weekend - first time this weekend in two month's we'd been able to burn here in the desert... I mean Kansas. Got a couple inches of rain and snow earlier in the week and boy, was I praying for a calm Saturday. I had five piles burning and still got one going tonight.

Cheers to many a great weekend this year outdoors!

Tractor
    Kubota, BX24

Looks like a project I will be taking on later this year. I spent yesterday using mine to drag dead trees out the woods [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

dj