Fix for wimpy B3030 seat?

/ Fix for wimpy B3030 seat? #1  

Lane

Bronze Member
Is anyone else dissatisfied with the apparent lack of cushioning and support the seat of the B3030 provides? I'm seriously thinking of buying a B3030HSDC model but I find the seat so bad I can't come loose with the dollars until I find a solution. My dealer is contacting his rep to find out if anything can be done but cautions there may be no option.

Has anyone determined if a better seat (like the one on their ZD series mowers for example) could be retrofitted to the base on the B3030 pedestal?

/ Fix for wimpy B3030 seat? #2  
Not much to offer except to agree with you on the seat. Poorest/Worst seat I've ever sat in. If I can find a fix that Kubota seat will be long gone.

/ Fix for wimpy B3030 seat? #3  
I agree, I hate the seat.

It's tilted too far forward for my liking as well. Apparently that can be rectified by inserting shims under the front mounts.

/ Fix for wimpy B3030 seat?
So others notice the poor comfort of this seat also. Kubota has probably heard an ear full already but I can attest that when I came away from the demo all I could focus on was the pitiful, uncomfortable seat. You would think that in the cab version the seat would be cloth instead of plastic like on the non-cab model.

To shell out $20k plus for a tractor I plan to own more than 15 years I want a better seat to sit my bottom on. I'd gladly pay for a deluxe seat upgrade, just make it available! This is too nice of a tractor, it needs a seat option that matches the rest of it's qualities.

Still waiting to hear from my dealer. I know he will consult with his rep on this seat issue and call me back with what he learns. In the meantime, I'm still anxious to know if anyone here has had any luck in installing a better seat in their B3030HSDC.

/ Fix for wimpy B3030 seat? #5  
I can say that my seat fells comfortable to me. I have the suspension set really low so I get a comfortable ride. I have never found it tilting forward like others have been complaing about. I wonder if I were to tighten up the suspension If I would have the same complaint. Its something to try.

/ Fix for wimpy B3030 seat? #6  
Well I have a B3030 and a ZD mower and I can honestly say that the ZD does have a much heavier and extra padded seat....but you need it on that thing or your butt would be beat to death. The 3030's seat while not as padded does work well with the tractor and absorbs the shock well. I like my seat my only issue is that the arm rests seem a little flimsy.

While the the drivers seat on mine doesn't seem to be tilted forward...my BH75 backhoe seat on other hand is tilted forward enough that I seem to slip forward alot and also not alot of foot and leg room. I always feel like I wanna push the seat back for more room when I am on it.

/ Fix for wimpy B3030 seat? #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Is anyone else dissatisfied with the apparent lack of cushioning and support the seat of the B3030 provides? I'm seriously thinking of buying a B3030HSDC model but I find the seat so bad I can't come loose with the dollars until I find a solution. My dealer is contacting his rep to find out if anything can be done but cautions there may be no option.

Has anyone determined if a better seat (like the one on their ZD series mowers for example) could be retrofitted to the base on the B3030 pedestal? )</font>

I spent 3 hrs on mine yesterday..and when I got finished..I thought I was crippeled in my right hip! For a guy that weighs "right at"... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif..250 lbs ...there is about as much support as a wad of wet paper towels.

/ Fix for wimpy B3030 seat? #8  
I weigh in around 300lbs.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I still like my seats ok.

/ Fix for wimpy B3030 seat? #9  
Same problem with my B-7800. Sit forward - slide forward. Bought a chair cushion with tie around straps at Walmart. Much better now, but am going to shim seat in a tilt back position for the summer mowing season.

/ Fix for wimpy B3030 seat? #10  
I was at a dealer yesterday looking at the 2630 and the 3030. Noticed that the seat on the 3030 was different than those on other 3030's I've seen. Appears to me that it was from a L4400 and was very comfortable. Dealer says his guys probably put wrong seat on it, but he's willing to keep it there or put it on another 3030 or even 2630 if I'll buy. Worth looking into. I found the correct 3030 seat to be ok myself and certainly much better than that of the 2630. The L4400 seat was very nice!

Mike