How to bleed the hydraulics

/ How to bleed the hydraulics #1  

5030tinkerer

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota GL3830/GL5030
When I moved the BH90 subframe from the L3830 to the L5030, I also had to move over the hydraulic lines that fed it. I moved the lines from the L3830 and installed the much shorter line from the L5030 (the new line directly connects the joystick valve connection to the squarish box with the three hydraulic connections on the passenger side of the tractor just behind the loader frame). The L5030 works fine, but the L3830 bucket no longer curls (though the loader moves up and down just fine). It starts to curl about an inch, then stops. I must have introduced air into the system. How do I bleed the air out? The manual mentioned raising and lowering the loader repeatedly, but that hasn't helped. Any ideas?

/ How to bleed the hydraulics #3  
Any air in the system will bleed out by cycling from one extreme to the other the loader controls up/down and lift/curl a few times. Your problem is most likely as Kenny said, a quick coupler that is not connected properly.

/ How to bleed the hydraulics
Kenny and MadReferee -

You guys were right on track! Thank you! I checked the dump control valve and sure enough - there it was, half connected. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif I had completely forgotten that I had removed it to gain some extra clearance. When I went to reconnect it, it must have been under some load and the quick connect didn't go back on all the way. Everything functions as it should again! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I feel like an idiot for not spotting this, but very grateful that it is not resolved.