Long distance dealers

/ Long distance dealers #1  

QuartzCreek

Hi-

Anybody used Carver Equipment or Barlow Equipment to make a tractor/loader purchase? Experiences, pros and cons, would be welcome. Can PM if you desire. Thanks.

Mike

/ Long distance dealers #2  
I've had excellent luck with Carver Equipment. I'm 2000 miles away and the after sales support has been excellent. I would buy from them again without a second thought.

/ Long distance dealers #3  
I used Carver for the purchase of a Kubota L48. If I had no mechanical ability and needed the dealer to replace a leaking hydraulic hose, it would not have worked out. Since I have no problem dealing with most of the issues on a tractor that need maintainence, it was not a problem. I still had to pay sales tax.

/ Long distance dealers #4  
I live about 30 min from Carver and looked at them when I was hunting my kubota. The folks seem ok to me, but I did buy at another dealer. Like another poster said if I was not the type to need dealer support it might make it a good deal. I on the other hand need the support!! I like being able to call up and say" Yes, this is the guy that dropped $18000 with you. I have a question." I work in a job that folks buy a lot of stuff of the internet and then call me for advise about it. I will advise them to call the place they got it at /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif
To me the $300-$400 that I could save on line are not worth the hassle for custome service.

/ Long distance dealers #5  
I've always heard nothing but the best words in relation to Carver equipment. I too, bought long distnce from Messicks,. They treat me like a long lost friend... Prices were many mega thousands cheaper than any New England dealer, and I can get the simple things I order by phone,, fuel, oil, hydro filters and the like, quicker and cheaper from Messicks than in my own back yard. I wouldn't even think about long distance or around the corner...

/ Long distance dealers #6  
Ditto on Carver. Bought my toothbar from them. They were friendly & prompt.

/ Long distance dealers #7  
Can not comment on a whole tractor, but I have bought parts from Steve. They are excellent to work with. Steve and his crew are top notch folks.