Kubota Orange Paint

/ Kubota Orange Paint #1  

GYRO9401

Tractor
Kubota L3400
OK, I am getting ready to weld on some hooks to the bucket of my new L3400. What does everyone else use for touch up paint after they've finished welding to their tractor?

/ Kubota Orange Paint #2  
Kubota makes both their own spray and the small touch-up bottles. Just watch the cans of spray paint-got 2 cans in a row that were all gooked-up inside. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Kubota Orange Paint #3  
Take a look here: Perfect Match

Now that its been drying for a week I like this paint - very tough.

/ Kubota Orange Paint
Sounds good to me! Walmart it is.

I just want to make sure I get a good weld. I found a piece of 1/4" angle (galvenized) that is 2 1/2 x 3". It will go behind the & under top bar on the LA463 and create a complete box.

It just freaks me out welding on a brand-new tractor! It almost feels like I'm drilling holes in the side of my pickup truck or something, like it will never be as perfect as it is now.

/ Kubota Orange Paint #5  
Be careful welding anything galvanized. The zinc fumes can make you sick!

Good luck on your project...

/ Kubota Orange Paint #6  
Just my opinion I would find another piece of angle that is not galanized. You must grind down to the metal to get a good weld. It would look and weld beter with a plain piece of steel.

/ Kubota Orange Paint #7  
Are you going to box it all the way across or just between the lift arms? How thick is your steel and I would also stay away from galvanized. When I have welded galvenized it tends to splatter and is hard to make a nice bead. I was going to make a winter project on my L3400 and do the same thing for hooks. Now it looks like a spring/summer project. Good luck, Brian

/ Kubota Orange Paint
I might need to search for a piece of steel. The Galv. was laying around & was rust free.

All the angle I have is 2" or less, and I need a 2 1/2" piece. I just have the thought of BUYING something!

I did grind the Galv down last night on all the edges that I'll need to weld, but just the smell while grinding made me feel sick, so i do agree that I should look for a piece of regular steel.

I plan on going the entire width of the top edge of the bucket. It looks like the factory piece is only 3/16" thick. I'd bend that in a hurry if I welded on a hook.

/ Kubota Orange Paint #9  
If you plan to paint, you may have trouble getting the paint to stay on the galvenized steel.

Gene