L3400 AG tire & wheel questions

/ L3400 AG tire & wheel questions #1  

GYRO9401

Tractor
Kubota L3400
I opted for the Ag tire on my L3400DT 4x4. The dealer mentioned that there were 4 different ways that the wheel rings could be bolted together. If I am looking at mine correctly, I think I can widen them one more position. Does anyone have any pictures of theirs? I need to take a picture of it tonight to show.

I have a very hilly piece of property & if I could get a little more stability, it would be great.

/ L3400 AG tire & wheel questions #3  
Your owners manual will have a picture and dimentions for the wheel width. Put jack under tractor axle on one side, lift until the tire just comes off the ground. Loosen/remove the bolts that are in the "L" bracket and rotate the wheel so that the large slot is inline with the bracket hole, now you can set the "L" bracket to the position desired, do same for the other side. When done, check to make sure the bolts that go through "L" bracket are tightened to torque specs in the owners manual.

jw5875

/ L3400 AG tire & wheel questions
SHIMON:

From the looks of the picture that you posted, your wheels are "maxed out", am I Correct? I think that I want to do the same with mine.

JW5875: You know, my wife suggested the owners manual too. I'll have to tell her that someone on this site told me to look there & pretend that I never heard her say that! That's protocol at my house!

/ L3400 AG tire & wheel questions #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( From the looks of the picture that you posted, your wheels are "maxed out", am I Correct? I )</font>

Yes, they are maxed out. I would think they are allsold like that but I could be wrong. I guess it depends on the dealer and how they build them up.

/ L3400 AG tire & wheel questions #6  
I still have one more adjustment to "Max out" on my L3400 for rear tire width. Considered doing the adjustment, but the present setting gets me through the woods OK. (This is the setting that was on the tractor when I got it from my dealer)

jw8575

/ L3400 AG tire & wheel questions #7  
Shimon, it looks to me like you could widen the rears a bit more by taking both of them off and swapping them from side to side. That would put the mounting point at the inner part of the rim and give you probably about 5-6 more inches width.

Swapping the rears from side to side gives you options 3 and 4 for the width adjustments....

I did that on our L2350 to get the widest stance possible for sidehill mowing.

/ L3400 AG tire & wheel questions #8  
Hey Shimon - Would you mind measuring your width - outside to outside? I'd like to know how wide a L3400 can go. Thanks!

/ L3400 AG tire & wheel questions #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Shimon, it looks to me like you could widen the rears a bit more by taking both of them off and swapping them from side to side. )</font>

Yes, you are right. I assumed those brackets were centered on the rim but they aren't so I could go wider if I wanted.

/ L3400 AG tire & wheel questions #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Hey Shimon - Would you mind measuring your width - outside to outside? I'd like to know how wide a L3400 can go. Thanks! )</font>

Right now I'm at 55" from outside to outisde of rear tires but like I discovered above, I could go wider.