Broken hydraulic filter

/ Broken hydraulic filter #1  

avorancher

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800, RTV900
Apparently a branch pierced or dented one of my hydraulic filters today on my B7800 today. I didn't notice it right away, but my rear blade dropped and the HST transmission started to whine loudly. I shut it off as soon as I realized I was having problems and then noticed the long stream of fluid on the dirt road behind me. The fluid was still running out from around the filter, so I didn't run it completely dry before shutting down.

Question: Can I just replace both filters and refill with fluid like when doing a service, or do I need to check anything or bleed the system since I ran it nearly dry?

/ Broken hydraulic filter #2  
I would just replace filter and add tractor Hydraulic fliud,then listen very carefully. It may take a few minutes to clear the air out of the lines , but operate all hydraulic valves, like FEL,
transmisson, 3pt hitch etc. to get air out of system.
Steve

/ Broken hydraulic filter #3  
That is why I keep an extra set of filters and some hydraulic fluid on hand. So far I have only dented one of the hydraulic filters but not punctured it. However, I did manage to punch a hole in the rubber hydraulic return line and break the fuel filter.

I doubt that you did any damage, just replace the filter and fill 'er up.

Stuff happens!

Bill Tolle

/ Broken hydraulic filter
After wrestling the filter off... it was collapsed riding up against the frame, I drained everything, replaced both filters and cleaned the screen, etc. Refilled and everything back to normal.

Wow... have to find a cheaper place to buy filters than my local dealer. Two hydro filters, air filter, gas filter, engine oil filter, plus 5 gal of hydro fluid came to a little over $170.