Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7800, RTV900

Default Broken hydraulic filter

Apparently a branch pierced or dented one of my hydraulic filters today on my B7800 today. I didn't notice it right away, but my rear blade dropped and the HST transmission started to whine loudly. I shut it off as soon as I realized I was having problems and then noticed the long stream of fluid on the dirt road behind me. The fluid was still running out from around the filter, so I didn't run it completely dry before shutting down.

Question: Can I just replace both filters and refill with fluid like when doing a service, or do I need to check anything or bleed the system since I ran it nearly dry?

Tractor
    Kubota L2800

Default Re: Broken hydraulic filter

I would just replace filter and add tractor Hydraulic fliud,then listen very carefully. It may take a few minutes to clear the air out of the lines , but operate all hydraulic valves, like FEL,
    transmisson, 3pt hitch etc. to get air out of system.
    Steve

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7510HSD

That is why I keep an extra set of filters and some hydraulic fluid on hand. So far I have only dented one of the hydraulic filters but not punctured it. However, I did manage to punch a hole in the rubber hydraulic return line and break the fuel filter.

I doubt that you did any damage, just replace the filter and fill 'er up.

Stuff happens!

Bill Tolle

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7800, RTV900

After wrestling the filter off... it was collapsed riding up against the frame, I drained everything, replaced both filters and cleaned the screen, etc. Refilled and everything back to normal.

Wow... have to find a cheaper place to buy filters than my local dealer. Two hydro filters, air filter, gas filter, engine oil filter, plus 5 gal of hydro fluid came to a little over $170.