BX22 Hydraulic quick connect problem

/ BX22 Hydraulic quick connect problem #1  

SUPERNUG

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX22
After taking it off in early December I am trying to reinstall the backhoe for my BX22. For some reason neither of the two quick connects on the backhow will snap in place. The two on the tractor work fine. They had covers installed. Its like they are frozen or something. Any suggestions. There is no pressure in the backhoe system. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ BX22 Hydraulic quick connect problem #2  
The BH has re-pressurized. This can happen to the FEL or any other hydraulically actuated implement. It happens either because the pressure wasn't completely relieved before the BH was disconnected or just simply because of some atmospheric phenomanon /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif, in any case the pressure needs to be relieved before the quick connects will couple.

The easiest way to do it is to use a 3/8ths socket extension and a rag.
Take the blunt end of the extension that normally inserts into a socket and insert it into the female coupling. Take the rag and cover the extension and coupling then depress the extension into the coupling. You should hear the pressure release. Sometimes it takes a good push and others it doesn't take much to push the release valve in. The rag is to keep the fluid from squirting into your eyes and onto your clothes.

Good luck
Volfandt

/ BX22 Hydraulic quick connect problem
Thanks that did the trick. Never happened before. It confused me because when I move controls there wasn't any movement so I thought there would be no pressure in the lines. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ BX22 Hydraulic quick connect problem #4  
If the outside temp warms up so will the fluid and it expands slightly. It'll make it darn near impossible to reconnect without releasing pressue.