Float detent

/ Float detent #1  

ericbx1500

Gold Member
Tractor
BX2380, scotts 48
Anybody else ever had a problem with there detent for the float position on their loader? Did my 50-hour on my bx today, which went smooth as silk. I then went and started to move some dirt and the first time I put the bucket in float position it work fine. The second time it would not lock in place, it only worked if I manually held it there. So I called the dealer and he told me more then likely the detent balls are rusted from condensation build up in the two cylinders and the bottom of the control valve (4 way). He was absolutely correct. I tapped the inner cylinder with a wrench and it started to work again. So I unscrewed both cylinders and let them soak in some penetrating oil. Then I cleaned them both up and lubed them really good. Now it works nice and smooth /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I did notice last season that it was a little tough to disengage the lever out of float position. Now I know why /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Float detent #4  
I had a similar problem with my 7610 while under warranty. The dealer drilled a hole in each valve so the condensation had a place to drain. No problems since then.

/ Float detent #5  
I suggest performing a search on this topic. Somewhere in the bowels of this site is a thread that explains what Daryl (5030) did to fix his valve. It was also mentioned above (drill a hole in the end cap so water can drain out).

That's what I did...no troubles since.

/ Float detent #6  
My 2230 FEL float detent stuck after 20 hrs and the dealer explained it as possible particles in the hydrolics. Dealer fixed and it has been fine ever since with the tractor now at 243 hrs.