B2910 Transmission Behaving Differently

/ B2910 Transmission Behaving Differently #1  

Bill_in_MI

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7100, B2910
I have had my B2910 for several years and it has recently started behaving differently. It used to be that if I let up on the drive pedal, things would pretty much come to a halt...kind of a hydrostat braking. Now...if I let up I keep rolling pretty good. I have to use the REAL brakes to stop. I'm not quite used to this and have almost glided into my pond in reverse before I could locate the brake pedal. Now, I have to say that I did my 200 hour service a couple of months ago. I used all the recommended stuff...got it from my dealer and there has not been any leaks, etc.

Anybody else have this experience? Thanks.

/ B2910 Transmission Behaving Differently #2  
Try greasing the drive pedal pivot. When mine gets sticky, the same behavior occurs.

/ B2910 Transmission Behaving Differently #3  
another problem could be brake needs adjusted. Mine would not hold still on slight hill when hydro pedal was in netrual after a while. I just adjusted break and everything was fine again.

/ B2910 Transmission Behaving Differently
I tried greasing the petal fitting and I am still coasting when I let up on the pedal. Is there some relationship between the brakes and the pedal in neutral? In other words, are the brakes supposed to be engaged (by some linkage) when the pedal is returned to neutral?

/ B2910 Transmission Behaving Differently #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Is there some relationship between the brakes and the pedal in neutral? In other words, are the brakes supposed to be engaged (by some linkage) when the pedal is returned to neutral? )</font>

No relationship that I know of exists between the brakes engaging as the HST returns to neutral.

My question to you is while the tractor is rolling, is the HST pedal in the neutral position? Or is it still in the process of coming back up?

Question #2, did you change the type of fluid you put in?

/ B2910 Transmission Behaving Differently #6  
You may have to touch the reverse side of the pedal a little to get the tractor to stop.

If you have speed control make sure it is off. Inspect all the linkages and make sure they are in proper operating position. If everything there is okay check your manual and see if there is a creep adjustment for the HST. If all this fails talk to the Dealers service department. In fact a call right off might be in order.

The brakes should be completly independent of the HST.

Egon

Bob,
I put in SUDT. Not sure what was in last as the dealer did that change.

You may be on to something with the pedal return. It does seem to be slow in returning to neutral. I was going to see if there is some kind of assist like a spring or something that may be out of whack. When I took a quick look it was not obvious that there was some such device.

/ B2910 Transmission Behaving Differently #8  
Bill,

Try looking for a device attached to the speed pedal likage. My B2400 has a shock absorber. Ever since the seals in that thing blew out, I have had a poor response from the pedal during the "return to neutral" phase.

Didn't I visit with you a few years back?

Peter,
Yes, I believe you did...I believe you were in the area for a dog sled race? You were interested in seeing my 3 pt snowblower if my memory serves me (it serves me less and less) I was rather inactive in the forum for a couple of years and lost touch with the folks who were then the "regulars."
I saw the deal that looks like a shock absorber...some kind of boot in it. I'll look further into it. Thanks, and good to hear from you again.

/ B2910 Transmission Behaving Differently #10  
Hey OK! Glad to make contact with you again! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yes we talked about your blower and your new barn. Your barn served as a model for my new one about a year later. Then we moved away... But the new barn we built was the feature that sold the house for us. So all in all not too bad.

That little shock absorber blew up on my B2400 several years ago. Oil went all over everything and that's when the pedal behavior changed. I got accustomed to the creeping so I never replaced the shock absorber. I should probably just remove the darn thing since it's causing a bit of trouble. It just never got important enough to remove/repair.