7500 rear end noise??

/ 7500 rear end noise?? #1  

Darins

Tractor
B7500
I was wondering if anyone else has heard this or is there something wrong with mine? I have almost 100 hr on my 7500 and lately when I go slow I can hear barring noise coming from the rear end? It sound like little barring turning in there. Are they suppose to do this or is there something wrong? When someone else is on it and I stand next to it I can really hear them. Should I take it in or do you think that normal? Thank you Darin..

/ 7500 rear end noise??
Bearing. Sorry, Darin

/ 7500 rear end noise?? #4  
Darin,

If the noise is recent and you feel uncomfortable with it, it may be wise to take it into the shop for warrenty work.

Terry

/ 7500 rear end noise?? #5  
darin: any strange noise that u are hearing now , and not in the first 100 hrs. is cause for a check. i would let the dealer checkit out.are u sure it is from the trans.?

/ 7500 rear end noise?? #6  
When I had a 7500 I also had a noise and what I found was the bolts that hold the rear wheels on the axle were lose. There is some type of collar there to adjust how wide the wheels are spread and they needed to be tightened.

/ 7500 rear end noise?? #7  
As others have suggested, the real test is whether the noise is new and/or increasing, or if it's been there all along. HSTs normally make a buzzing sound and a wine when they are under load. Saying that is easy. Drawing the line between normal and abnormal sounds is a lot harder on paper (virtual paper in this case).

The suggestion about checking wheel bolt and hub pinch bolt tightness is an excellent first step to rule out other simple causes.

/ 7500 rear end noise?? #8  
<font color=blue>Drawing the line between normal and abnormal sounds</font color=blue>

Ain't it the truth?/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif The only time my tractor has been back to the dealer was because of an intermittent rattle I couldn't find. I finally thought I'd found it; in the front "propellor shaft"; dealer removed it and put it back without finding anything wrong, but stopped the rattle (or at least I thought so). However, this past week I occasionally noticed it again, along with some other different sounds. Hmmm . . ., I think it might have something to do with these new hearing aids./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

BirdSig.jpg

/ 7500 rear end noise?? #9  
My BX2200 does that, but then I realize I've been mowing with the brake on (again).... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif. Seriously though, even though it's a different model, I was suprised by the amount of noise which comes from the rear end.

- Patrick W.

/ 7500 rear end noise?? #10  
<font color=blue>Hmmm . . ., I think it might have something to do with these new hearing aids.</font color=blue>

Just turn 'em down a little and those troublesome sounds will go away. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

tractor.gif