3 Point Rototiller

/ 3 Point Rototiller #12  
I just got a bx25 that I love, a land pride 48" mower, land pride rear blade and a land pride auger... and a muratori rototiller................

Well everything works very good...EXCEPT.. that Muratori... what a piece of junk that is...

I have a total of 35 minutes on this junk, and i HATE it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am loading it up in the pickup and hauling this hunk of junk back to the dealer........

Sorry to hear about your problems with that Muratori tiller... sounds like it gave you plenty of trouble. Just to give some balance, though, I bought a 6' Muratori about 5 years ago and it has been trouble-free. It probably isn't the world's best tiller, but it has tilled many acres and gets the job done.

/ 3 Point Rototiller #13  
Bought a Country Line this weekend (the brand serial # says its King Kutter) anyway. everything worked I thought pretty good except for one thing, even in 1st low Im going to fast for the tiller to bite enough into the soil. I have to make several passes to g things dug to a decent level.I have a Kubota L4400. the tiller works great though. I think it could work even better with a slower tractor. Or possibly I dont have it setup correctly

/ 3 Point Rototiller #14  
That kind of follows what others have said about using tillers on gear drive tractors... your ground speed is directly tied to engine rpm's. Although we have HST equipment which have an advantage using a tiller, one thing does come to mind... it doesn't take full "pto rpm" to run a tiller. My L4610 has similar hp to your L4400 and will easily run the tiller at 1500-1600 rpm, even though its rated pto speed is something like 2600 rpm. It doesn't churn the soil as finely that way, but it does work pretty well. If you haven't done so yet, give it a try at a lower rpm to see if it helps.

/ 3 Point Rototiller #15  
I don't know that it's better than any others, but I got a LP RTA 1050 with my bota, and it is a really well made tiller. Does a wonderful job on hard packed clay.

/ 3 Point Rototiller #16  
I have a 72" King Kutter Tiller and I am impressed with how well it tills on my
L 4400HST. One pass with the tiller on unbroken ground and it turns the grass under very well. I am afraid to say that the HST makes the difference.

/ 3 Point Rototiller #18  
I have a KKII 60" on my 32 (26 PTO) HP L3240 (GST gear drive). It is a rare day when I can overload it in 1st gear - this really only happened once when I tried to till wet, consolidated clay and loaded the spool with a solid "Flinstone wheel" of gray gunk. That being said, I do need to run over an area twice to get that nice tilthy look - the first pass is usually heavy with clumps and clods. My soil is mosly sandy loam with very few rocks with the exception of the North field which goes from sand at one end to heavy clay at the other, so take my testimonial with the undrstanding that my soil conditions are mostly favorable.

An HST would definitely do a better job if doing the job in one slow pass is really important to you vs. doing two faster passes - or if you tend toward the heavy soil side. On a cost/service basis, I don't think I could have done better with any other brand or model, but that's just my opinion and I am very partial to this implement.
-Jim

/ 3 Point Rototiller #19  
Who makes the best 3 point rototiller? I am looking at King Kutter, Woods , Huges and Land Pride. I need a 62" or a 72" Model. Thanks for your help!! Is chain drive or gear drive better? <font color="red"> </font>

howse implement makes a great 3 point heavy duty tiller all gear driven which gives much more power. It can be offset right or left and reverse till.

/ 3 Point Rototiller #20  
I have a 1 yr old 72" KK2 its gear drive and its great and price was right and does a real fine job.

I didn't see any reason after I bought it to have gotten a reverse rotation which is what I was in the market for to start with fwtw they can get hung up on tree roots I hear. ymmv

I doubt anything you buy and use a few times a year will be a bad investment you should get a lifetime of use out of any of them if you look at it that way.