2910 Cruise Control not working

/ 2910 Cruise Control not working #1  

Phazer

Tractor
A few weeks ago, the cruise control on my 2910 stopped working. It springs right back up when you push it forward. I'm assuming something vibrated off, but I did not see anything obvious when I looked at it. I ordered a service manual when I got the tractor, but I don't know if they are even in print yet. Do anyone have any ideas on how I could fix this.
I use it rarely, but it's about a 15 minute drive down the road to my brothers house, and I do that every few weeks. That's when I miss the cruise....

/ 2910 Cruise Control not working #2  
Phazar, I'm not sure how similar the cruise on the B2910 is to the B2710, but mine didn't work the last time I drove it over to my brother's place (45 minute drive). I just looked underneath the floor, pushed the hydro pedal down with one hand and the cruise lever with the other, and could see the problem. I'm not sure of the correct terminology, but there's a metal plate with notches to catch on another piece attached to the pedal. That plate had gotten bent out a bit (probably when I was moving piles of brush) and I just pushed it back in with my fingers and fixed that.

Bird

/ 2910 Cruise Control not working #3  
You mean the "Cruise Control" is the same as a hand throttle? I didn't know I had a "cruise control". Mine just won't automatically release. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ 2910 Cruise Control not working #4  
Yep, the "cruise control" is simply a device to hold the hydro pedal down; however, it will release if you step on the brake (has to be both brakes together) or the hydro pedal. But I learned the hard way that it will not release when you step on the clutch./w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

Bird