MMM Height Adjustment Knob

/ MMM Height Adjustment Knob #1  

AceDeuce

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX1500 w/ R1's and LA181 FEL
The height adjustment knob for the MMM has a "Top" indicator which is supposed to keep the deck locked in the highest position so you can us the 3PH without raising and lowering the deck at the same time. Problem is, when the mower deck is attached I can't phyiscally turn the knob all the way around to the "Top" position. When the deck is off it works fine. I've tried adjusting the left and right side hangers but I have to go way outside of spec to get the knob to work correctly. THen the deck bangs against the frame every time I go over a bump because of the large gap.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Is there another adjustment that can fix this?

/ MMM Height Adjustment Knob #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Is there another adjustment that can fix this?
)</font>

Yep, It is all detailed in the owners guide. I had to redo mine as well. My 1850 has a bunch of other things out of adjustment but the mower top lock was fine!

/ MMM Height Adjustment Knob #3  
If I raise my deck and hold the lever in the up position with my right hand, I can set rotate the knob to the top position with my left hand. Try it.

/ MMM Height Adjustment Knob #4  
I have had this problem, I tried turning that knob with all I had and it wouldn't budge. I found that the deck was not raised all the way up and actually the 3 pt arm tops in the back were not all the way up, even when the deck appeared to be, I could not turn the handle to top. I just moved the lever to bring everything up, the deck and the 3pt arms in the back, and the knobbed turned to the "top" indicater smoothly.

/ MMM Height Adjustment Knob #6  
I am also having this issue. I have looked at the manual, but am not sure which adjustment should correct the problem.
Any help?

/ MMM Height Adjustment Knob #7  
acedeuce & timala - - listen to rdsausins advice.

/ MMM Height Adjustment Knob #8  
Did my 50-hour on my bx last weekend, which went smooth as silk. I then went and started to move some dirt and the first time I put the bucket in float position it work fine. The second time it would not lock in place, it only worked if I manually held it there. So I called the dealer and he told me more then likely the detent balls are rusted from condensation build up in the two caps at the bottom of the control valve (4 way). He was absolutely correct. I tapped the inner cap with a wrench and it started to work again. So I unscrewed both cylinders and let them soak in some penetrating oil. Then I cleaned them both up and lubed them really good. Now it works nice and smooth I did notice last season that it was a little tough to disengage the lever out of float position. Now I know why

This seems to eventually be a problem (though not a big one with an easy fix) down the road. Some people have drilled a little hole at the bottom of each cap so water can drain out. I would at least recommend unscrewing them both and lubing the spring up really good and put about three pumps of grease at the bottom of each cap. When I unscrewed mine there was only a little dab of white lithium grease on each spring. After I did all this the detent worked nice and smoooooooth better then the day it was delivered.

/ MMM Height Adjustment Knob #9  
Do you mean to manually lift on the 3-pt? The 3-pt and the mmm are both on the same lift control are they not?

/ MMM Height Adjustment Knob #10  
Sometimes, the MMM height adjustment knob can be placed into TOP position by clockwise or counterclockwise turning...other times, only by rotating from 1, 2, 3, 4, then top. The "steps" on the shaft are angled slightly and designed for one-way rotation.
Try raising 3PTH completely, then turn knob from lower numbers to higher, then TOP.