B7100 with B219 loader questions

/ B7100 with B219 loader questions #1  

860thomasb

Tractor
198? Kubota B7100 hst d
I've determined with all of your help that my loader is a B219. I'm trying to locate an operators manual for it. In the mean time can any one tell me how to check the hydraulic oil level. The oil is stored in the right vertical frame post but there is no dip stick. There is a small amount of leakage at the control levers when I work the loader hard i.e, digging into a 10 yard pile of fill that has some large boulders.

/ B7100 with B219 loader questions #2  
I have that combo. I'll look at the manual if I get a chance this weekend, but I just do trial and error. Put everything in the retracted position and fill to just below the top of the tank leaving some room for use on uneven slopes. Overfill and you get a spill...underspill and you will have "chatter" when everything is extended.

/ B7100 with B219 loader questions
I forgot to ask what brand/specification hydraulic oil I should use for the loader.

/ B7100 with B219 loader questions #4  
I don't think it much matters because it's a separate system from the tractor. But...just to be safe...and avoid being blasted by those who may differ....I'll see what the manual has to say about it. I have put in plan old "hrdraulic fluid" and mine is still going along just fine after 20 years of service. ( I have changed it a couple of times.)

/ B7100 with B219 loader questions #5  
The capacity is 5 Qts. Manual calls for about 4 " below breather hole in reservoir. Now my manual calls for type F transmission fluid. Which is probably plain old hyrdaulic fluid?
Rory

/ B7100 with B219 loader questions #6  
When I asked Kubota what type F was for my loader ( K450B here in the uk), they said that it was the old name for ATF (automatic transmision fluid). When I looked at what is in my tank, it looks and smells like ATF ie deep red colour.

regards

Mat

/ B7100 with B219 loader questions #7  
Type F is transmission fluid for older Fords. Maybe other makes but I only play with Fords. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I use Type F in my 66 Mustang. My 56 Victoria specs Type A which I've been told has been replaced with Mercon/Dexron III.

Rodger