BX-23 !@!$%@% hydraulic filter location!

/ BX-23 !@!$%@% hydraulic filter location! #1  

jhb

Silver Member
Tractor
BX23
I thought I was charmed. I went through last season (100 hours) with none of the reported problems people post here. But in the last two months, I have had two!

The Air filter bracket broke. Instead of fixing, and fixing, and fixing, I opted for a $2.00 rubber tie down and wrapped it up, works just fine.

Yesterday, I hit a rock square on the hydraulic filter. It did not punture the filter, but it bent it so the seal failed. Fluid everywhere. I dumped as much soap in the area as I could to prevent it from killing too many plants.

Question, the oil filter top bent so the filter "wobbles" as you screw it on and off. Does anyone think I might have bent the mounting threads? I hope not!

Now I am just waiting to get a stick caught in the plastice fan under the drivers seat!
/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ BX-23 !@!$%@% hydraulic filter location! #2  
Hi jnb,

Get a new filters & put it on, if it still "wobbles" then new parts will need to be ordered.

Send me an email at Bro-tek@hotmail.com , so I can send you info on a skid plate, you should not have to go throught this again.

Bird

/ BX-23 !@!$%@% hydraulic filter location! #3  
Having the skid plate gives me peace of mind in the woods.

/ BX-23 !@!$%@% hydraulic filter location! #4  
Here a first look at the new and improve version, for the MMM.

Attachments

• 880722-Skid MMM 3view.JPG
    880722-Skid MMM 3view.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 414
   / BX-23 !@!$%@% hydraulic filter location! #5  
lucky you! if the filter wobbles then it's the filter thats bent. if it didn't you'd be putting on a new housing with the filter.-Matt Jr.-ASE Master Automotive tech.

/ BX-23 !@!$%@% hydraulic filter location!
I hope that's the case. Won't know until I get a new filter this weekend.

/ BX-23 !@!$%@% hydraulic filter location! #7  
So, what's the verdict?

/ BX-23 !@!$%@% hydraulic filter location! #8  
So, what's the verdict?

I'll let you know as soon as I figure it out. I picked up the filter and UDT on Saturday, but here in NE it has been raining, HARD for three days! The tractor is sitting where it broke down because I did not want to damage anything when the hydo fluid spilled out.

I think I have had 10 -12 inches here at the house. Never seen so much water!

I'll let you know as soon as I figure it out. I picked up the filter and UDT on Saturday, but here in NE it has been raining, HARD for three days! The tractor is sitting where it broke down because I did not want to damage anything when the hydo fluid spilled out.

I think I have had 10 -12 inches here at the house. Never seen so much water!