Backhoe on a cab tractor

/ Backhoe on a cab tractor #1  

Dishpointer

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 1600, Kubota F2690
I am going to get either the L5030 or the M 5040 cab tractor and was wondering if a backhoe could be mounted on it? I read in my Kubota brochure that you couldn't but I have seen a few users here that have. What am I missing. Do I have to get a Bushhog or Rhino brand? I understand that there has to be at least 10" clearance from the boom to the cab but will it work and is it doable?

Thanks

/ Backhoe on a cab tractor #2  
Check on the Woods backhoes. I understand that they can be installed on a Kubota Grand L cab tractor. There is an extension bracket that provides the necessary clearance as it was explained to me.

Vernon

/ Backhoe on a cab tractor #3  
As noted by Vernon, Woods makes a series of backhoes that will fit on Grand L Kubota's with factory cabs.

Jim

/ Backhoe on a cab tractor #4  
Here is our 5030HSTC with the Rhino 85 BH with subframe mount (with "Household 6" in command). The Rhino subframe system is substantial in terms of strength, yet is is an easy on/off process: Disconnect two linch pins, lower the stabilizer legs, pull out 6 inches, disconnect hydro lines and drive away.

The hydro lines on the Rhino are well-routed for protection, (and it is pretty easy to but a thumb on the BH without welding...see these posts: http://snipurl.com/qda9 http://snipurl.com/qdae

I had to "instruct" my Kubota dealer on the "availability" of the Rhino for use on cab models, but other than that, it was a painless install (for them). Rhino will paint it Kubota orange when it is ordered.

I have had to call Rhino for a few questions (no problems, just acquiring knowledge), and they have been courteous and 100% helpful and supportive.

I hope this helps your decision.

P.S. (I have heard that the Woods product is good and so this is not a slam to the Woods model.)

Attachments

• 883738-DL & Kubota 002.jpeg
    883738-DL & Kubota 002.jpeg
    52.6 KB · Views: 408
   / Backhoe on a cab tractor
Thanks guys. This info will help ease my worries. Would I need a subframe kit if I purchased the stronger M5040 and would you get the PTO pump or just use the rear remotes?

I haven't bought the tractor yet but will eventually want a BH. I wish I could get it when I purchase the tractor but it will have to wait a year or so until my wife forgets about the $30K price tag.

Thanks again

/ Backhoe on a cab tractor #6  
The Rhino 85 comes with either a direct quick-connect (via hoses) to your existing hydro block (you do not need remotes if you do not have them), or with an onboard PTO pump. Per Rhino, the direct connect provides a better hydro response.

Based upon my research, I would stay away from a 3 point mount and only use the sub-frame for whatever brand you choose. The Rhino sub-frame (I do not know about the Woods setup) is about as easy as a receiver hitch to connect and disconnect, and yet it is substantially engineered and constructed.

/ Backhoe on a cab tractor #7  
When i purchased my tractor last october ( B3030 HSDC) the dealer told me they could mount up a kubota backhoe with some tweeking, sounded a little questionable to me.

/ Backhoe on a cab tractor #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The Rhino 85 comes with either a direct quick-connect (via hoses) to your existing hydro block (you do not need remotes if you do not have them), or with an onboard PTO pump. Per Rhino, the direct connect provides a better hydro response.

)</font>
Are you reffering to the hydro block that has 4 quick-connects to feed the loader.
I guess I'm asking if you are un-plugging your loader or if you can still operate the loader? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Backhoe on a cab tractor #9  
"Are you reffering to the hydro block that has 4 quick-connects to feed the loader."

No, I am referring to the hydro block where power beyond is ported. Hoses from the BH (with quick coneects) are routed
over the rear axle to quick connects at the block; 30 seconds on and off without the cost of rear remotes, which I do not need.

The loader is still fully functional at all times.

/ Backhoe on a cab tractor #10  
That sounds great. I am going to check out my L4330 to see if I can do the same. Thanks!!